Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaming of doing exams!!

Options
  • 15-05-2008 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

For the past few months on occasion, I have been having dreams about being in school/college and having upcoming exams. In the dreams I am kind of freaked out because I have studied nothing for a certain subject.

Any ideas why I keep having this kind of dream?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

That's not a dream, that's a nightmare!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

I would view the dream about you wanting to expand your mind or thinking in some way but not believing enough in yourself holds you back. Perhaps theres pressure in some area of your every day life and you find it a little difficult to confront. Usually reoccuring dreams occur because there is an unresolved issue with ourselves or another. It shows part of your mind is ready for a change but doubts hold you back,either you deny the doubts to yourself or choose not to think of them. Buildings usually represent an area of the mind or a state of mind if you like. Colleges or schools are generally places of learning so therefor maybe your trying to break old habits or change relationships ect. the dream will stop when you understand which area of your life needs some change.
    Just my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

K09 wrote: »
    Any ideas why I keep having this kind of dream?
    This dream typically means that you have supressed fears of being 'found out' or thought of as a fake or a phoney.

It doesn't suggest that you've done anything wrong or illegal, it could be to do with a lack of professional self-esteem. People usually get this dream when they start a new job or face new challenges in their existing role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

K09, I am in the exact same boat as you! Its the only reoccuring dream I have, perhaps once every 2-3 months or so. Ive finished school and college, but I have the dream that usually ends up like this:

- Im back in school in 6th year.
    - Dream starts with me coming into the school yard at 8:45am before classes, when I meet up with some old pals.
    - Pals ask how Im feeling about starting the Leaving Cert today?
    - Im there, saying I thought it wasnt starting till months down the line.
    - Everybody saying, Nah, did you not get the email?, they were moved to today. We have English paper 1 starting in 25 minutes.
    - Argh!!!!!!!!

Waking up never felt so good. :)

Advertisement