Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best beer garden in fingal?

Options
  • 15-05-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭

Were do you like to go after work on sunny days when the opportunity arises to enjoy a few beers? (licenced premises)

I love the Balrothery Inn but since I moved to Swords it is a bit far just for a beer. The sun shines towards it in the afternoon, facing west so the wind is not often a problem and the pints are only delicious.

Any recommendations for Swords?

What makes a good beer garden (apart from the weather) for you? Music, chairs,clientel (used to like de-bruns/the cellar beer garden but....), proximity to the bar etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

There isn't really a decent beer garden in Swords. The Lamb has a paved beer garden but its not that great. You could go up to the Coachmans just before the airport, they have a nice beer garden otherwise nothing really.

A few tins and hit the jacko! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Skerries Harbour, you can't beat it.

Although it can get a bit overcrowded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Gillo wrote: »
    Skerries Harbour, you can't beat it.
    Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

If you want to be posh i spent a lovely late afternoon and early evening in Trenturos. They served me this beer I never had before (Dorfmeister??) and I whipped up 3 glasses before heading for the bus. It was enchanting.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Garthicus

You can sit outside The Pound with your pint on the benches

The Lord Mayors, out the back, sun stays late into the evening there

The Old Boro has tables outside and a smokers area/patio inside the grounds (with heaters they switch on at night)

Wrights can be pretty nice to sit outside too (if you can get a table)

The Coachmans is nice but expect TONS of kids and it is a drive/taxi/bus away

To be honest, the best of the above is probably the Lord Mayors or The Old Boro

(I'm not sure if The Old Schoolhouse has benches outside, potentially that could be great)

I live in Toronto now and it's all about the beer garden here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Buffygirl

It has to be Gibneys Beer Garden in Malahide. It's a hub of activity on a friday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Another vote for the Harbour in Skerries. On a sunny day, there's few places better anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 anonimouse

It has to be the Summit pub on Howth Hill. Nice and big, good beer and fabulous views of Dublin bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thejem

skerries harbour A1 + 4 pubs to choose from and 3 restuarnts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Garthicus wrote: »

(I'm not sure if The Old Schoolhouse has benches outside, potentially that could be great)

I live in Toronto now and it's all about the beer garden here!

The courtyard in the Old Schoolhouse have benches but it doesn't get much sun.But they also have a few benches and tables at the front and as its south facing,it gets the sun all day.I was there last saturday and had two beers in the sun,which was very pleasant indeed.......:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

PWEI wrote: »
    The courtyard in the Old Schoolhouse have benches but it doesn't get much sun.But they also have a few benches and tables at the front and as its south facing,it gets the sun all day.I was there last saturday and had two beers in the sun,which was very pleasant indeed.......:D
    Pop will eat itself?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

cheridere wrote: »
    Pop will eat itself?:rolleyes:

Rumbled....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

Balbriggan Golf Club (although you do have to be a member, obviously).
    Aside from that, I'd say O'Shea's in Skerries (although apparently closed now)

Hmm...Not being much help am I?!

Harbour bar in Skerries is good (if you don't mind sitting out beside the road).
    De Brun's beer garden could have been made into something special had it not been build out of pure concrete. Honestly, who needs a car park at a pub.

Malahide must have a few?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's also the Man O'War which is quite good.

I quite like Nealon's in Skerries. It's not much to look at, but you can catch a few rays while downing good pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Hill Billy wrote: »

Nice spot.... been a while. Whats it like now?

Nice spot.... been a while. Whats it like now?
    Same ol', same ol'.

Same ol', same ol'.
    Thats ok so, must pop in for a jar and a game of pool some day..........

• Registered Users Posts: 45 PuddinBum

Gibneys Malahide busy every night of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yeah the beer garden in Gibneys is quite big. Always packed though.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Yeah the beer garden in Gibneys is quite big. Always packed though.

Is it true the big screen on the wall in gibneys beer garder came from Arsenals old ground before they moved to the Emeretes stadium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Is it true the big screen on the wall in gibneys beer garder came from Arsenals old ground before they moved to the Emeretes stadium?

Yeah, bought it for 10k or something ridiculously small like that. I have seen TV's in harvey Normans cost more than that:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I was told that by one of the bar staff and I thought he was pulling my leg! So it is true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Critic 69

I quite like Nealon's in Skerries. It's not much to look at, but you can catch a few rays while downing good pints.

Cant beat the harbour road on a sunny day, but not getting many of them at the moment:(

Used to love Nealons but hadnt been in it for a while, decided to give it a try on Friday night, went outside for a ciggy and realised I was sitting next to the portaloo. I suppose it did need some work, but will wait untill its finished before I go back

All done now. The new loos were open on Sunday night when I was down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Critic 69

Thats good, didnt even look like being nearly finished on Fridat night. Must pop down this weekend for a nose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Arion Online

Gibneys all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭atellyer

I agree, has to be Gibney's, though the Summit Inn in Howth is a grand spot on a Sunday afternoon (when it's not raining).:)

Advertisement