Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks Eircom League

• 15-05-2008 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

16 May 2008 Derry City 7:45 Cobh Ramblers The Brandywell
    16 May 2008 Drogheda United 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic United Park
    16 May 2008 UCD 7:45 Galway United Belfield Bowl
    16 May 2008 Finn Harps 8:00 Shamrock Rovers Finn Park
    17 May 2008 Sligo Rovers 8:00 Bray Wanderers The Showgrounds
    18 May 2008 Bohemians 7:00 Cork City Dalymount Park
    Tough game for us, have to win and hope for a draw in Bohs game. Can see pats drogs being a 0-0 they may edge unless we get someone back fit.

Ryan
    Haverty Brennan Paisley Byrne
    Guy Fahey dempsey Kirby
    O Neil Quigley

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I heckled some Drogheda players when they played UCD third game of the season, told them they were winning nothing with Pats in the league:D. Hopefully they have forgotten and wont use it as motivation to beat us:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

KdjaCL wrote: »
    18 May 2008 Bohemians 7:00 Cork City Dalymount Park
    16 May 2008 Derry City 7:45 Cobh Ramblers The Brandywell
    16 May 2008 Drogheda United 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic United Park
    16 May 2008 UCD 7:45 Galway United Belfield Bowl
    16 May 2008 Finn Harps 8:00 Shamrock Rovers Finn Park
    17 May 2008 Sligo Rovers 8:00 Bray Wanderers The Showgrounds

Tough game for us, have to win and hope for a draw in Bohs game. Can see pats drogs being a 0-0 they may edge unless we get someone back fit.

Ryan
    Haverty Brennan Paisley Byrne
    Guy Fahey dempsey Kirby
    O Neil Quigley

kdjac

fyp.

Not sure what to make of the Bohs Cork game, havent seen much of Cork this season, really looking forward to the early Sunday kick off, hoping for the 3 points with Pats dropping points to Drogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bohsman wrote: »
    fyp.

Not sure what to make of the Bohs Cork game, havent seen much of Cork this season, really looking forward to the early Sunday kick off, hoping for the 3 points with Pats dropping points to Drogs.

Hoping you can snatch a draw tbh, Cork aint bad.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

We'll probably have a loss this weekend. :( Bray's form is way better than ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Cork have Gamble conveniently not suspended for this. It'll be tough. But if Fenn can keep up the form he's shown of late, we could do it.
    Reminder: DCU students go free to what should be a humdinger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Don't forget the First Divison as well guys :confused:

Monaghan United V Dundalk
    Kingspan Century Park - Friday - 8:00PM
    Shelbourne V Kildare County
    Tolka Park - Friday - 8:00PM
    Wexford Youths V Limerick 37
    Ferrycarrig Park - Friday - 8:00PM
    Athlone Town V Sporting Fingal
    Lissywoollen - Saturday - 7:30PM
    Longford Town V Waterford United
    Flancare Park - Saturday - 7:30PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels to win comfortably against Kildare tomorrow 3-0 methinks and then I'm going with a 2-0 win for Shels on Tuesday against Monaghan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Shels to win comfortably against Kildare tomorrow 3-0 methinks and then I'm going with a 2-0 win for Shels on Tuesday against Monaghan.

Why do you support Shels if you are from Dublin 8, the home of the Saints? Just curious as to why.

Why do you support Shels if you are from Dublin 8, the home of the Saints? Just curious as to why.

Dad is from Mullingar, when he moved to Dublin got a job one of his work mates (Joe Reynolds) played for Shels in the day(early 90's I think) and my Dad brought me to my first Shels game at 1 or 2 (he cant remember) in Harolds Cross against Pats. Then in 2003 he started bringing me to matches every second week (home games) and then from there I evolved into a person who missed 4 games last season (incl. friendlies, away matches, etc...). Unfortunately my Dad can't attend matches that offer so I usually have to text update him.

There's my Shels life story.:D

cant resist sorry.

You should be supporting your local club and not feckin off and supporting the rich clubs accross the water (liffey geddit?)....fairweather, sky arm chair fan etc: sing when your winning...blowin.... etc etc <insert Desf style rant>

kdjac

• Advertisement

cant resist sorry.

You should be supporting your local club and not feckin off and supporting the rich clubs accross the water (liffey geddit?)....fairweather, sky arm chair fan etc: sing when your winning...blowin.... etc etc <insert Desf style rant>

kdjac

Techinally they're not from across the water as Shels were founded in Dublin 4, which is not much further than Inchiscore(:p).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

lol at Pats trying to claim him, clearly St Francis territory and you're not emalgamating anymore!

bohsman wrote: »
    lol at Pats trying to claim him, clearly St Francis territory and you're not emalgamating anymore!

Indeed founded around the corner from myself, they play out in Badonnel nowadyas though and are only in the LSL.

Techinally they're not from across the water as Shels were founded in Dublin 4, which is not much further than Inchiscore(:p).

Canal so.

kdjac

Lads, when is the Eircom League Cup Quarters draw been made do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I predict a win for Longford Town, looking forward to it. I presume Waterford will be looking for donations ;) apparently they're in dire straits financially...

Canal so.

kdjac

Got me there.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Reckon we will be top by Saturday morning:D

Can see Dundalk slipping up without Cassidy. Should be an easy win for us tomorrow.

Probably 2nil Shels:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Bohs vs Cork should be a good game.

Ive seen Bohs thee times live this season and Ive not been impressed yet. Brennan has made a differnce since he came back but Bohs will struggle in midfield against Cork and if Flynn starts up front with Mooney I think we could have a repeat of the Cup semi and a 2-0 win for Cork.

kerash wrote: »
    I predict a win for Longford Town, looking forward to it. I presume Waterford will be looking for donations ;) apparently they're in dire straits financially...

They will be, they will bring a sizable enough crowd with the me thinks. They came out in force last week for the Wexford game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Anyone impressed with Bray?! Gormley seems to be doing things right.

Bohs vs Cork should be a good game.

Ive seen Bohs thee times live this season and Ive not been impressed yet. Brennan has made a differnce since he came back but Bohs will struggle in midfield against Cork and if Flynn starts up front with Mooney I think we could have a repeat of the Cup semi and a 2-0 win for Cork.
    We'll see. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bohs will be well up for their cup final, and Fenn will want to impress his former fans, so it will be a tough game for City. But Fenlon has an abysmal record against us,so he will be happy with a draw. I think City to win this 1-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

SantryRed wrote: »
    Reckon we will be top by Saturday morning:D

Can see Dundalk slipping up without Cassidy. Should be an easy win for us tomorrow.

Probably 2nil Shels:D

Dundalk should be fit to take Monaghan away even without Cassidy, lets be honest, he's good but we aren't a one-man team just yet!!

I'd be a little bit concerned that the first defeat of the season may lead to a general slump. Last year we had a flying start and when we lost first we couldn't get back on track.

I'll be hitting the fabulous complex that is Century Homes Park tonight as it's pretty much on my way home from work. Not usually that much of an atmosphere there to be honest, have been to a few away games up there. Hopefully we will get a good contingent of away fans travelling.

Big game also on Sunday, the FAI Youth Cup Final, Wexford Youths vs. Dundalk at Ferrycarraig Park.

gimmick wrote: »
    Bohs will be well up for their cup final, and Fenn will want to impress his former fans, so it will be a tough game for City. But Fenlon has an abysmal record against us,so he will be happy with a draw. I think City to win this 1-2.
    We don't have 'cup finals' with clubs that sit below Bray Wanderers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

I can see Galway getting their first win tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

gimmick wrote: »
    Bohs will be well up for their cup final,.

Jesus wept. Far be it for me to speak on Bohs behalf, but please remember you are just another provincial side with one league title under your belt, less than Waterford, Athlone and Sligo.

A bit of perspective on your place in the scheme of things please.

Rovers in Ballybofey tonight. Always a tough place to go and with Rovers form of late, a point would do nicely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I predict a loss for Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I can see Galway getting their first win tonight.

So do i.:cool:

Harps Derry Galway win 5 returns 60

kdjac

1-0 drogs :(

kdjac

1-0 to the youths Gavin Doyle....:D

Rovers one up, Padraig Amond

YES!"!!!!!

1-1 O neil from a byrne corner ...GET THE **** IN!

harps equalise with 10 men after only 13 minutes

kdjac

• Advertisement

2-1 ***** :(

kdjac

2-2 GET THE **** IN!

radio is an absolute **** to keep up on a match, mainly rte radio 7 players have scored according to them.

kdjac

harps equalise with 10 men after only 13 minutes

em, harps equalise after an hour with 11 men.

Close though.

rte radio , also said bates scored and harris scored.

kdjac

2-2

take that tbh JMC shows tactical stuff and goes 352 2nd half.

drogs may feel somewhat angry they didnt win it :D but hey thats football lol

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Shels beat Kildare 5-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

2-2

take that tbh JMC shows tactical stuff and goes 352 2nd half.

drogs may feel somewhat angry they didnt win it :D but hey thats football lol

kdjac

Drogs bossed the first half completely playing some great football. Second half was much more even, Pat's probably edged it.

Your number 5 is one dirty hallion. He was already on a yellow card when he blatantly stamped on Shane Robinson under the linesman's nose. The linesman and ref both bottled it so he stayed on the pitch.

Once again we see that a 1 goal lead is not enough. Hit the bar twice inside a minute but never got the 2 goal cushion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

toothless and ****e display, past few results shown up as lucky, although that was simple enough to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Well Santry Reds prediction was correct! We are top with an emphatic score of 5-0!
    Come on the reds!

Then the visitors' manager Johnny McDonnell was asked by eagle-eyed referee Anthony Buttimer to change his navy blue top because of a clash with his team's away colours.

HAHAHHHAHHAHHA

kdjac

In the week the FAI are demoting refs, he might want to keep his head down.

Have all the issues with jersies and clashes been Buttimer? I think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

SectionF wrote: »
    We don't have 'cup finals' with clubs that sit below Bray Wanderers.

Yes you do. Thats the magic of the cup. I'm sure the Bohs lads will be well up for it. These type of big games don't come along too often.
    Then the visitors' manager Johnny McDonnell was asked by eagle-eyed referee Anthony Buttimer to change his navy blue top because of a clash with his team's away colours.

:confused: Surely be to Christ that is a joke. A good one if so, an horrid embarrassment if not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

hunter164 wrote: »
    Well Santry Reds prediction was correct! We are top with an emphatic score of 5-0!
    Come on the reds!
    :cool:

I must say I told you so Pighead and ibh.:D

How did yous play? Unlucky to score or not having that spark without Cassidy?

Was great to see Freeman get a hat trick for us tonight, shows we've other players other than Bisto who can score.

Top of the league, top of the league.:D

Na Na Na Na Na Shels are going up, going up.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'll be back in Ireland for the Athlone game, which should be sweet if we thump Monaghan on Tuesday! Brilliant result last night, made even better by Dundalk's failure to turn over Monaghan. Who said Dundalk aren't a one man team? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement