Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Petrol and Diesel prices

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

With the fuel cards, DCI Texoil etc, can you check the fuel price online, is it one fixed price for all stations or will it vary from location to location.
    A woman I work with said she got diesel at 108.9c yesterday in Carlow. A difference od 20c per liter compared to the regular punters :confused:

It will be a set rebate off the pump price ... so still worth knowing where the best prices are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Just for anyone who's interested, I was in Galway and Limerick this week and diesel is around 143.9c in Limerick and the same or a little less in Galway. so its not just a Sligo thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Sorry to dig up this old chestnut again ...but I really belive there is a cartell in operation here.

Been to Inishowen yesterday and all over Donegal diesel is between 1.27 to 1.30 ...hit the Sligo county border and you're greeted with 1.37 in Grange and 1.35-1.37 in town (with the exception of the one station on the Quays)

Even in Manorhamilton diesel is "only" 1.31 as of this morning.

We are definetly getting ripped off around here.

And it's not like it could be justified with distribution cost etc ...if the little piddly 2-pump station without a shop in Malin can sell it for 1.28, so could the big stations in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There's price fixing going on all over the country.

Cheapest place in Sligo is the one down on Fishwater Quay - last time I was there, it was €1.23 a litre for petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Sligo Fuels as mentioned above has been the cheapest for some time!
    Most local people should know it so there is no excuse for getting ripped off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

124.9 in daveys in calry yesterday. what price on the quays

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

So what is the best fuel card??How you pay for petrol if U have this card-do you make some direct debit or something?How much can be cheaper with this card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jim22

Diesel in Carrick on Shannon is 127.9 in most places

Sligored wrote: »
    124.9 in daveys in calry yesterday. what price on the quays

I presume thats Petrol^^

126.9 for Deisel today on the Quays.
    Davey's claim their the cheapest. They are not.

Gillie do you actually do any work ? Or just drive around all day looking at the price of fuel in different arears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

slideways wrote: »
    The garage in question was found to have illegal diesel deing sold at the pumps. The owner of the premises had the shop and pumps leased out to another person. He has sinced distanced himself further from the premises...

getting nervous now as I get my diesel there... is it genuinely likely to damage my engine if they're still selling the moonshine stuff?

jim22 wrote: »
    Gillie do you actually do any work ? Or just drive around all day looking at the price of fuel in different arears

Eh what?:confused:

I do a bit of work yes.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Gillie wrote: »
    Eh what?:confused:

I was thinking the same myself :confused:

takola wrote: »
    I was thinking the same myself :confused:

Maybe "jim" works for a Petrol Station and my mild mannered reporting on Sligo Fuels is taking away his business!:p

I dont think it matters if i own a petrol station in sligo or run a petrol station in sligo, and any comment from yourself gillie would not make any difference to people who buy fuel in sligo im just giving my view

I dont think it matters if i own a petrol station in sligo or run a petrol station in sligo, and any comment from yourself gillie would not make any difference to people who buy fuel in sligo im just giving my view

Hang on a sec pal. I posted where I believe the cheapest fuel in Sligo is.
    I didn't start this thread.
    What's the f*ckin problem here?:mad:

I posted twice before your *post* aimed at me.
    Someone had already mentioned the quay's being the cheapest. I backed them up and then went on to say I had been there this morning and it is still cheapest.

A chap behind the counter in Calry told me one day that they intended to be the cheapest in Sligo - consistantly.
    Obviously that is not the case.

I will try to be more careful when posting Jimi! Wouldn't want to upset you.
    People are free to continue to pay for overpriced fuel if they wish. What do i care?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What point are you trying to make here? It seems you have a problem with one person but maybe you should read the charter as your last 2 posts have been bang out of order.

Whats it got to do with you what Gillie does or doesnt do anyhow?

Jim, this is a discussion forum. We discuss things here.

I haven't seen you give your view on the topic at hand, all you've done is taken a swipe at one of the regulars. If you disagree with something he's said I suggest to explain why. What he does for a living has nothing to do with this discussion and it's none of your business.

If you'd like to discuss the petrol and diesel prices in Sligo, feel free to. No more swipes at Gillie or dragging this thread off topic.

Im just going to stray slightly OT here but it is related. What price is home heating oil in the Sligo area. Ordered a fill earlier @ €740/1000 litres.

Oh, the average price of petrol in the Ballybofey - Lifford region is now about 125.9

Have a look at this thread muffler. Might be some help.

• Advertisement

Thanks takola. Just posted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

esso Pearse Road is down to 121.9 for petrol and 128.9 for diesel. Never thought those prices would sound good, but after the last year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

il gatto wrote: »
    esso Pearse Road is down to 121.9 for petrol and 128.9 for diesel. Never thought those prices would sound good, but after the last year.....

Blimey thats good. I just paid 128.9 in Ballisodare:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

119.9 for petrol and 125.9 for dieseal at Sligo Fuels yesterday.

Advertisement