Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

campervan insurance

• 15-05-2008 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello everyone,
    I am thinking of buying a German campervan in July and taking off for two or three months around Europe then selling it on again, however I have a few questions regarding tax and insurance:

as I won't be taking the van back to Ireland how does one go about getting the thing insured, is it even possible?

Is there a general european insurance that provides a service to suit me?

another option is my girlfriend is czech and has an address there maybe I could insure it in the czech republic?

anyway I've looking for information regarding these things and most of it relates to importing or insuring an existing van to travel to Europe, so your help would be much apprecited :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

To insure it in Germany you would need an address and residency permit. I would guess you would need the same for Czech republic, which your girlfriend would have but I'd imagine you would need to officially import it there. However, there must be a way around it as I know of many Australians/Kiwi's who do it. One possibility is to buy the camper from a dealer and sell it back to him at the end. I've heard of them allowing buyers to remain on their insurance in the meantime.

Advertisement