Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Mingles??!!

Options
  • 15-05-2008 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey all,
    I'm brand new to this whole thing but it seems like the right place to start... I have committed to going to this Single & Mingle night in Howl at the Moon tomorrow night... any pearls of wisdom for me?
    I'm 1 part terrified 2 parts MORTIFIED!!
    Cheers x

Comments

It is never, ever a good idea to slide down the bannister in Howl at the moon.

Relax you'll be fine it will be fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Just go with no expectations, relax and be yourself and just enjoy it. You've nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Just relax and go with the flow.. Nothing ventured nothing gained..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jeniqua

Thanks guys! I'll let you know how I get on...eek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭do you love it?

id say youre ****ting youre brick right now OP
    dont worry, theyre cocktails are great, a couple of them and you'll be talkin to the mirror!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

smile. no i'm serious, any girl i've ever met on a night out with a genuine smile controls the male half of the room, Trust me

Thanks guys, yeh defo in the nervy stages now, I'm just gonna go in and laugh at all the desperado's....while they are all probably doing the same thing at me! Oh no abort plan!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Good luck tonight

where's this Howl and Moon place? i'm single, i can mingle. or do ya have to be female?

I hope they intend to have males, you turn left at TCD and keep walking forever it is on the left. (whoops I mean right)
    It has a pretensious queue.

• Advertisement

If i can get to it i will so, pretensious queue or not!

It's on Mount Street- one over from Baggott, you've gotta book a place though- have a look at their site. I am really hoping its not just a group of women looking at each other...although girly nights can often be more fun! (not in the teenaged boy fantasy way- in the Sex And The City Way)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

What is their web address?

http://www.getout.ie/book.cfm?E=4088

It's hosted by these guys "Getout.ie"

awwwww i just found out i have to work tonight :(

Give us a review of what it's like and i'll try and catch the next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

Jeniqua I hope you have a great time! Let us know how you get on!!!

I'm single and I wanna mingle.....Anyone on boards interested in getting to know me? Gees I sound desperate...Oh well who cares lol....

My bebo is www.bebo.com/lil-alan if anyone wants to take a pic...It is private so if you like the little display pic that comes up then send me a friend request :)

Moved to Cork 14 months ago....Cork girls how you doing?? lol

Will do Pink...you will have a full synopsis on Monday morning!
    Well "Primal Nut"- you coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Jeniqua wrote: »
    Well "Primal Nut"- you coming?

Thats what she said!!!

Sorry, had to do it.

I'll get me coat...

Ah very nice GavMan- there is always one! (although its usually me!)

So, as promised, a brief synopsis of the nights events... it was actually a really good night.
    There were two parts- it started with a Lock and Key thing, where all the girls had padlocks on lanyard things around their necks and the lads had to see if their key fit and opened the locks. (GavMan is going mad to put an innuendo here...)

The next part was where the host people handed out playing cards to everyone and you had to find the guy/girl who had the match to your card.

It was a bit of fun and I'd defo recommend it if you find yourself at a loose end....
    And they all lived happily ever after....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Some questions
    Did you go with a friend or totally alone?
    What was the age profile of the men?
    What was the ratio of men to women?
    Did you score? (you don't have to answer that one)

I do think you're brave and I have some single friends who might be interested if they know what to expect. ( am genuine smug newly wed ( 1st March 08 and no one is more surprised than me).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Were these sharp edged metal locks? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

pinkmonkey wrote: »
    Jeniqua I hope you have a great time! Let us know how you get on!!!

I'm single and I wanna mingle.....Anyone on boards interested in getting to know me? Gees I sound desperate...Oh well who cares lol....

My bebo is www.bebo.com/lil-alan if anyone wants to take a pic...It is private so if you like the little display pic that comes up then send me a friend request :)

Moved to Cork 14 months ago....Cork girls how you doing?? lol

Better now :D

OK, to answer the questions:
    Did you go with a friend or totally alone? I went with two friends, that was a good number cos you don't feel like you're abandoning each other when you go to talk to someone- the other 2 can keep each other talking
    What was the age profile of the men? That was pre-determined, the night was advertised as a 20-32 crowd, most were in the upper end of that scale though
    What was the ratio of men to women? I don't know exact figures but there were roughly 30 people there and it was about even, maybe even more men than women
    Did you score? (you don't have to answer that one) Well someone asked for my phone number but seperately you have to go online now and vote whether you would date them now...haven't gotten to that stage yet and I dunno if I will- you need to Vote: Yes/No/Friends for each of them before you get your results of who likes you or not. It feels a bit like passing notes in school: "Do you like me more than a Friend? Yes/No/Maybe"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Glad everything went good for you Jen, hope you enjoy the karaoke as much! :D But don't be scared of our singing. (well SOME people call it that!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

ellscurr wrote: »
    Better now :D

HEE HEE got something you want to tell me??? :P

Thanks DJ- I'm looking forward to it, but may invest in some earplugs just in case!

Advertisement