Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Ma

Options
  • 15-05-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭

Hello!

Just a thought I had there after reading an Afterhours thread. Would it be possible for one of the Admins or Mods to have some techy doo-whacky thingy installed immediately after the original post, there is an automatic,

"Your Ma!" post generated. It would perhaps eliminate the typical old post on every thread in Afterhours? It's on nearly every thread.

Thanks.;)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Thought it was 'YORE MA' not YOUR MA

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's on nearly every thread.

Yore ma's on every thread? You should talk to her about that so not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

no computer based alternative can ever match the unpredictability and incandescent nature of a truly good Your Ma burn.

Unless of course they hired your Ma to do each one. After she does me of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Do mhathair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I don't understand, why do you want the feature when this service is being offered already by many of the users of After Hours?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Seriously, I hope cult has more to do than generate some php stuff to do that!

Maybe some kind of fanfare every time someone reads one of my posts.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I very much doubt the OP is serious. I advise a strenuous course of humanities and other forums.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

SDooM wrote: »
    Seriously, I hope cult has more to do than generate some php stuff to do that!
    Yah, he's busy doing Yore Ma'!

Well this is the thread for the Yo Mama jokes, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I support the OP's suggestion! as long as CuLt adds an auto-kitty script for Feedback threads.

DeVore wrote: »
    I very much doubt the OP is serious. I advise a stenuous course of humanities and other forums.

DeV.

Politics, he can be serious AND confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

can i request the installation of an automated thingy in YORE MA?

:o*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

DeVore wrote: »
    I very much doubt the OP is serious. I advise a strenuous course of humanities and other forums.

DeV.

OK, so that idea doesn't seem to have taken root...yet. But Hark! I hear chimes of support from a mod in the thick of the action!
    Karoma wrote:
    I support the OP's suggestion! as long as CuLt adds an auto-kitty script for Feedback threads.

Yes, or maybe one long thread that has nothing but Lolcats on it, with much the same ("Post the pic and shut up!") rules as Know yer Nerds.

Likewise, instead of my original idea, perhaps, have a "Post a Yore/Your Ma comment and stfu!" style thread in Afterhours. Hmmmmm?

OK, so that idea doesn't seem to have taken root...yet. But Hark! I hear chimes of support from a mod in the thick of the action!

Yes, or maybe one long thread that has nothing but Lolcats on it, with much the same ("Post the pic and shut up!") rules as Know yer Nerds.

Likewise, instead of my original idea, perhaps, have a "Post a Yore/Your Ma comment and stfu!" style thread in Afterhours. Hmmmmm?

Maybe the "registered user" could simply be changed to "yore ma" for posts in After hours?

*selective-reading goggles on*

It looks like it's a swing and a miss by DeV, too bad for us all.
    Hmm, I support your "Post Yore Ma" thread like the Know Your Nerds thread... mmmmMILFtastic ('Know Yore Ma')

Ed: Bring back the Sister Swapping forum :|

Da's are people too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hello!

Just a thought I had there after reading an Afterhours thread. Would it be possible for one of the Admins or Mods to have some techy doo-whacky thingy installed immediately after the original post, there is an automatic,

"Your Ma!" post generated. It would perhaps eliminate the typical old post on every thread in Afterhours? It's on nearly every thread.

Thanks.;)
    Read the charter.
    There is an entry prohibiting the pointless posting of that phrase.
    It's fine if used in context.

Terry wrote: »
    Read the charter.
    There is an entry prohibiting the pointless posting of that phrase.
    It's fine if used in context.

I used yore ma in context last night.

Like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I used yore ma in context last night. WEH WEH WEH. :pac:

*Edit* OMG I copieded you. :(

kyub wrote: »
    I used yore ma in context last night. WEH WEH WEH. :pac:

*Edit* OMG I copieded you. :(

It's ok, happens to the best of us. :D

Under Internet: Serious Business law, I now own your soul.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Under Internet: Serious Business law, I now own your soul.
    OK, I'll have to ban kyub so, can't have you with multiple accounts. Is that OK?

seamus wrote: »
    OK, I'll have to ban kyub so, can't have you with multiple accounts. Is that OK?

Yeah thats fine, I'm not too hot on the user name anyway :)

*steals soul back* :D

kyub wrote: »
    *steals soul back* :D

Ah you can have it back, it looks dirty :)

Yore ma is dirty.

Y'annnnywaaaaaaayyyy...

OP: What exactly do you want? When do you want it?

I used yore ma in context last night.

Like that?
    My mother has been dead for 25 years.
    You sir, are a necrophiliac.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Karoma wrote: »
    Y'annnnywaaaaaaayyyy...

OP: What exactly do you want? When do you want it?

Well, I would have liked my original idea to be implemented, but that seems to be out of the question.

Hmmmm...how about having an officially credentialed goal driven moderator whose immediate aim is to add an appropriate Yore Ma comment to threads on Afterhours. Only as he or she sees fit of course. For instance, there would be no point in adding a Yore Ma comment to "My Mum just passed away 5 hours ago:("type of thread, for...no.1) it could get confusing as to whose Ma had just died, and no.2) it would be insensitive.

If we can't limit "Yore Ma", we can at least regulate and control her.;) Hmmmm?

Well, I would have liked my original idea to be implemented, but that seems to be out of the question.

Hmmmm...how about having an officially credentialed goal driven moderator whose immediate aim is to add an appropriate Yore Ma comment to threads on Afterhours. Only as he or she sees fit of course. For instance, there would be no point in adding a Yore Ma comment to "My Mum just passed away 5 hours ago:("type of thread, for...no.1) it could get confusing as to whose Ma had just died, and no.2) it would be insensitive.

If we can't limit "Yore Ma", we can at least regulate and control her.;) Hmmmm?
    I regulate and control yore ma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yore ma's on every thread? You should talk to her about that so not us.

she must have some post count

Advertisement