Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand mac with bogey software what to do?

• 15-05-2008 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

just bought a 2nd hand mac to find out it has pirated copies of final cut studio, after effects and photoshop. does anyone know wheter this will affect the mac negatively if i try to just uninstall these programmes and then install the genuines? i certainly intend to buy final cut studio soon, will it seize up if it detects an old file from a bogey version? should i reformat altogether? feel free to PM if you want.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

a fresh install of the os would do it no harm, in fact the machine may run a bit faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

You should always reinstall the OS on a second hand machine. In fact, I often do it with new Macs as well.

Advertisement