Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want girlfriend to lose weight

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LuckyStavros

tribulus wrote: »
    Wtf? Getting a dog shouldn't be done on a whim, especially as a means to lose weight. It's a big commitment and ideas like that are why so many dogs end up in shelters or dead.

Most people lose weight so they don't end up with a dog, lol!

Stop trolling yo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Damn, I go missing from boards for a few weeks and then come back to see this.

OP, I have just a few minutes to spare before I have to go to coach cricket to a group of kids so I'll try to be as brief and as helpful as I can.
    "Only the masculine side of your woman will grow through challenge. The feminine side thrives on support and praise...

Praise is literal food for feminine qualities. It is a difficult practice
    for most men to learn, but you must learn to praise the very qualities you
    feel are not yet praiseworthy in order for them to become so. In other
    words, praise the tiny quality that you want to grow. If you know that your
    woman would be healthier if she exercised more, don't tell her that. It will
    feel like an insult to her, a rejection of her the way she is. Instead,
    tell her how sexy she is when she sweats in her leotards.

Praising the things you really enjoy when she exercises will magnify her
    exercising. On the other hand, by telling her why she should exercise, you are indicating that she is not acceptable to you the way she is. Praise
    works. Information doesn't. Praise motivates. Challenge doesn't." David Deida - The Way of The Superior Man

What Deida is reminding us of here, is that men and women do not respond similarly to the same things. This is extremely important. Women do not respond to logic the way that men do so you have to appeal to their emotional side.

Following is Superfly's tried and tested plan for getting women to lose weight

Part I:
    Take photos, and make her see them. Full body shots, if possible. Anything showing skin (summer holiday pics, etc.) is good for this. Then download the pics and look through them with her.

Her: "I look so fat!"

You: "No, you don't look THAT fat ;-)"
    They say the camera does add 10 pounds..."

Her: "See, you think I'm fat"

You: "No, of course not baby, come here" (kiss & cuddles)

This is crucial as you have to make her body feel good whenever you are making her mind feel bad.

Part II:
    This won't work if you yourself are fat and lazy. Men have
    to LEAD in their relationships. Want the woman to diet and exercise? Try
    dieting and exercising yourself.

A good leader won't ask his followers to do anything he isn't willing to do
    himself. Same principle applies here.

Phase III:
    Praise. This is very important: Once she starts complying, REWARD THE COMPLIANCE!!! Once she starts dieting/exercising, praise her efforts EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT INITIALLY SUCCESSFUL, in order to provide the two-fold benefit of a) motivating her to continue, and b) increasing her attraction for you, which will in turn i) motivate her to continue, thus increasing her compliance, which will ii) increase her attraction for you, which will iii) have you your ideal woman in a few months.

However, it is interesting to note that when a woman undergoes physical transformation, more guys will naturally start coming after her, which
    ironically, will be a test of your leadership. Be careful of what you wish for!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

^ Is she a girlfriend or a pet?

Remember if you don't start seeing results, smack her on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LuckyStavros

LOL

So true!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

IF the OP's girlfriend had been thinner and had put on weight, then maybe he'd have a point about her losing weight to make her more attractive to him. However, she's physically the same.

Maybe the op needs to look deeper into why he's not attracted to his girlfriend anymore. I'd imagine if he does that he'll see that disliking her size is the physical manifestation of a deeper discontentment. I don't genuinely believe that the person he loved two years ago, and who doesn't look any different now has suddenly become physically unattractive without something else provoking this reaction.

The OP's girlfriend sounds like she looks a lot like my sister, who is very attractive and looks healthy. If she was a size 8 she'd look really ill. Then again, it all depends on the individual... who knows?

IMHO, if you have a problem with someone or something, you need to look at why before you blame the other person or the thing you have the problem with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement