Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying people in the library!!!!

Options
  • 15-05-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

does anyone else hate the annoying people in the library(mountjoy square)
    i mean the place is small enough packed full of people and this same girl and her group of friends sit in the library everyday giggling, pinching each other, stealing each others things slamming things on desks and going into hysterics about it, getting up and down talking out loud and walking around back and forward all day to each other.
    I mean i wouldn say im a very studious person by any means but especially this time of year i wish people would GROW THE HELL UP!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

Not in DIT I used to go to DCU, but it's the same evrywhere, D!CKS in the library who should be in the bar/out on the grass/home getting stoned cos they're not studying, they're just in the library to have a laugh and go "I'm like sooo fkcucked in this exam, there's like soo nooo point in studying now"!!!! Serious pet hate of mine from my days in college

No amount of loud sighs and dirty looks are going to stop these a$$hats,
    There's only one way to deal with these people, go over once and tell them to be quiet; be as loud and obvious as possible so as to cause the maximum embarrassment possible; next time they flare up in giggles and whatever, call a library employee/ supervisor/ whatever and have them removed. Only way to go. Think about it, it's your future on the line with these exams coming up, esp if they're your finals, and there are rules of the library which can be enforced; it's your library and it's not fair on you and everyone else who's there to work for a few children to totally take over and wreck everyone's heads! So stand up for yo'self fairypixiething!!

GGGRRRRR I hate those people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fairypixiething

me too and they will be the ones wats the bets that will get the A's!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

If there's an issue with people messing in the library try the on-duty librarian - I know it's dobbing but you're trying to do your best so they have no right to impact your study. If that doesn't work pop down to the union and we can see what can be done.

Failing all that you could try Aungier St. library. A bit of a trek but it's stunningly modern, quite spacious and run by the silent police - which thankfully got me through my study for finals last year!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

My pet library gripe is seeing people on bebo when there are others obviously waiting for a comp.

ha ha i think i'll try the librarians as there are so many of them but i honestly think like the whole library can hear them........i know people whisper in it and i do myself mostly about an exam coming u but these same group of girls take up two full rows f library desks slouch against the wall having full blown conversations giggling hysterically.......hmmmmmmm tommorrow is a new day....i'll try the librarian me thinks!!!!!thanks!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

does anyone else hate the annoying people in the library(mountjoy square)
    i mean the place is small enough packed full of people and this same girl and her group of friends sit in the library everyday giggling, pinching each other, stealing each others things slamming things on desks and going into hysterics about it, getting up and down talking out loud and walking around back and forward all day to each other.

yea, I sometimes go to Mountjoy Square library and I sometimes feel like sorting them out good and proper. But if you get deeply into looking for a book or studying, then you'll forget about them.

yea, I sometimes go to Mountjoy Square library and I sometimes feel like sorting them out good and proper. But if you get deeply into looking for a book or studying, then you'll forget about them.[/quote]

or go on a friday or saturday when nobody is there!!!!
    i had peace and quiet today!!!!!!!

except the librarians who actually cant keep very quiet either!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Don't know about the rest of the DITs, but is anyone else irritated at the way Aungier St library ALWAYS closes 15 minutes early?! Why not just say it closes at 9.15?!

Advertisement