Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK auto movers

Options
  • 15-05-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

am buying a car in london and don't have time to fly over, drive to ferry, etc. Does anyone know of an car removal co. in uk who would bring car from say london to pemboke or fishguard - has anyone here done this and was is it expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

For what it's worth, i'd advise you strongly against paying for a car you haven't personally inspected.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeap if I was forking out thousands of euros on a car I'd make the time to inspect the car to be honest otherwise you wouldn't know what would arrive at your door.

To answer the original question, have no idea if there is any company out there that provides such a service. If the car was being bought closer to the ferry port then you could kindly arrange with the seller to meet up there to conclude the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

You can get the AA to do a check on the car, which is more that strongly advised to do.
    There is no real need to see the car if you know what you are about, and are very familiar with the make & model & engine choice etc... Once you've had it professionally looked over.
    These guys will spot things that you'd never even think of looking for.
    Back to thread though...no I don't know any movers, but did you google it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Hey - I'm bringing a car to the UK at the weekend.......and haven't got a way back, yet :D:D

Can't help you if it's a BeeEmm, though......One Must Maintain Standards, you know.....;);)

btw.........I'm bringing my yoke to the UK for some tlc..........worked out cheaper than here, and they actually do know what they're doing.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Search is your friend! Having said that, I had a bit of trouble finding this!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055289784

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

gman2k wrote: »
    There is no real need to see the car if you know what you are about, and are very familiar with the make & model & engine choice etc... Once you've had it professionally looked over.
    No offence to the AA, but i'd still want to examine it myself.

Advertisement