Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howth Cliff Rescue Pics (Heavy Bandwidth)

• 15-05-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭

About 16:30 I heard the Coastguard helicopter over the cliffs at the Nose of Howth and look out to see in an odd position, not over the cliffs but over Kilrock at the end of Balscadden Road. I grabbed the camera and got these. Here's a a selection and you can see the others from the 50 snaps if you 'follow the filenames'. Enjoy!

Young fella broke his leg, his girlfriend was with him at the time. I know the area like the back of my hand and there is no doubt that he was very very lucky to fall where he did.

howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue01.jpg

Returning to hold over Howth harbour
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue03.jpg

Returning
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue07.jpg

Coastguard lads
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue09.jpg

Over Kilrock
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue10.jpg

howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue13.jpg

Winching up a rucksack. Emergency equipment perhaps
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue16.jpg

howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue17.jpg

Back to hold over harbour without the casualty on board. I might be able to get up to beside Kilrock in time........
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue18.jpg

Pay Attention!
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue20.jpg

First photo of scene
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue21.jpg

Heli returns
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue22.jpg

Casualty strapped in, winchman in attendance.
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue23.jpg

Heli aborts, not ready on the ground (I can hear them talking as they are only 50metres away)
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue24.jpg

Larger view of scene. He fell from about 5metres to my right.
    howth-kilrock-cliff-rescue26.jpg

Comments

Advertisement