Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourettes

Options
  • 15-05-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get tourettes when in adult hood? My friend- lets call him darren- has been making incredible outbursts lately. One night we were in my house and my house-mate was talking when all of a sudden he shouts "fcuk off and die!". We weren't drinking and i can think of no reason why he would say this. We just kind of pretended to not hear it but he said it again another night.

Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Awesomo-4000

Your friend "darren" sounds like a very nice misunderstood lad, perhaps you should be a little bit more considerate to him. Maybe its yours and an accomplices (lets call him pangan) influence on him thats caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Your friend "darren" sounds like a very nice misunderstood lad, perhaps you should be a little bit more considerate to him. Maybe its yours and an accomplices (lets call him pangan) influence on him thats caused.

How on earth do you conclude that "darren" is 'very nice' based on what OP said? Maybe he is, but on the limited facts there is no way you can conclude that.

Secondly, why should they be more considerate? it's not like thay made a big issue of his outburst! In fact they just ignored it, which is quite understanding in the circumstances. Many a bloke has been punched for less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

The symptoms of TS almost always start in childhood (around 9 - 12 years). Perhaps Darren had successfully managed to conceal it from you up until this point.

Advertisement