Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clueless

Options
  • 15-05-2008 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Could someone please tell me what trolling means?? This is prob a stupid question but I have no idea!!:confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Sorry prob should have tried that 1st myself..Thanks!! :p

Everyone has to learn things! If you have any other queries you should have a look at the Newbie's & Frequently Asked Questions forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

basically, when the subject is flowers, and someone starts talking about airplanes.... thats trolling.... someone who does that constantly is a troll. Also, a troll can be someone who ignites an argument just to get a reaction.
    ...and there's plenty of them here..

On Boards, they're about as welcome a fart in a spacesuit, but there here and often time you'll just have to put up with them until they get banned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If you see someone shouting about free speech in feedback while cats are being posted all around him, odds are he is a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

SDooM wrote: »
    If you see someone shouting about free speech in feedback while cats are being posted all around him, odds are he is a troll.
    +1, there are exceptions but if you see a load of lolcats in one thread or "you mippet" written all over the place... it's easy to see that the poster's problem has either been solved or people know what sort of a dumbass he/she is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

nevf wrote: »
    +1, there are exceptions but if you see a load of lolcats in one thread or "you mippet" written all over the place... it's easy to see that the poster's problem has either been solved or people know what sort of a dumbass he/she is.

Indeed. Worst thing you can do to a troll is ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

funny-pictures-troll-car-hating.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Troll, tbh.:D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

People who dont know what a troll is are idiots = troll post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I get the impression sometimes I'm being ignored.

Does that make me a troll ?

If so ,I don't troll and I've yet to have someone tell me so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

311 wrote: »
    I get the impression sometimes I'm being ignored.

Does that make me a troll ?

If so ,I don't troll and I've yet to have someone tell me so.

Ignore-him.jpg

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Whats with the cat picture ? Are they your cats?

Advertisement