Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHIV, Rock Band and now, Rock Revolution

Options
  • 15-05-2008 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

So, what's your take on all these band in a box games set to try and get our attention?

GHIV, now with added Drums and Vocal.
    Rock Band.
    Rock Revolution, the genre originator takes on the mainstage. (Now with video to see how truly horrendous it is! Different charts for the same beat?!)

Personally, I'm only going to be able to able for one drumset and it looks like these are all trying their best to prevent that (Obviously Activision and HMX are not going to play nice after the last bout of handbags). At the moment I'm set on getting Rock Band in some form, and could see myself picking up GHIV for the songs if it's any good but not with the drumset. It all depends on how Rock Band preceeds with it's DLC because at the moment, unless the rest start to dish out DLC at an equal rate and of a higher quality I fail to see how they can even think of competing.

As an aside, has anyone actually heard of a confirmed local release date of the 23rd for RB? I know the price is outlandish but I'm just looking for the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

For me Rock Band is a must get, although i'll only be getting it for the guitar parts. I've heard that the guitar parts are kinda easy in it so you'll need to crank it to expert to get the same playing level as medium or hard on the original GH games. For me, it's not a show stopper.

GH IV will really depend on backward compatibility (which i can't see being a problem) and decent song selection.

As for Rock Revolution, nice to see Konami removed the blinkers, considering they originally marketed this kind of game in Japanese arcades several years ago.

VR!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I'd say I'll be getting rock band when it comes out. My guitar hero has taken a back seat as I've been doing the musical Oliver in Navan for the past few weeks. When that's finished though rock band should be out just in time!

The boards tour group is great, I love trying to beat the other lads scores. Bobalicious is just ridiculous but I've taken a few high scores from him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I'd say I'll be getting rock band when it comes out. My guitar hero has taken a back seat as I've been doing the musical Oliver in Navan for the past few weeks. When that's finished though rock band should be out just in time!

The boards tour group is great, I love trying to beat the other lads scores. Bobalicious is just ridiculous but I've taken a few high scores from him :)

hey mate i just saw my name mentioned so i thought I'd reply. i havent checked the GH3 tour group in ages (mostly because i cant remember my password) so may i ask which high scores you've taken from me so i can try to reclaim them :D:D;)

Advertisement