Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imprinted Concrete for driveway

Options
  • 15-05-2008 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

First of all, this won't be a DIY job! I'd like my front garden done in imprinted concrete so I can use it as a drive in. It's 50sq metres. Got a price today of €3,750. This includes 2 manholes and moving the front pillar 2 feet to widen the entrance. Does this sound about right? I'm on the northside. Can anyone recommend a company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Sigh. Anyone? I did e-mail a a large well-know company whose details I found in a link from another post, but they never replied. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

50 square metres at 6 inches deep is roughly 7.5 cubic metres of concrete which would cost €60/metre=€450. Is it in grass now or is there a hard surface there? If it is in grass they would have to dig this up put down hardcore put in pipes and manholes lay concrete imprint it so €3750 sounds right. Check them out look at other jobs that they have done because there are a lot of cowboys doing these kind of jobs. Also make sure that the job is done that any water won't lodge on the surface when it rains, I know a neighbour that got the same job done and now every time it rains he has pools of water on his driveway.

Advertisement