Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Theory Test For Category C

Options
  • 15-05-2008 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi just wondering whats the story with getting your learner permit for the truck category.Is the theory test much different

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Feachan

Superstrong

If you are thinking about Truck or Bus Thory Test you might like to know that for the Bus the Theory test is going to change this September and the Truck a year later, At the minute the test is 40 minutes. The change will be quite substantial so if you are thinking of doing it bear the fact that changes are happening. The change is related to need for upskilling drivers and is coming from Europe. From September 08 all Bus drivers will have to hold a Certificate of Professional Competence to drive professionally.

Feachan

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Feachan wrote: »
    From September 08 all Bus drivers will have to hold a Certificate of Professional Competence to drive professionally
    As far as I am aware the Certificate of Competence is only required for those who are seeking an Operating Licence (not a driving licence) to run a bus or haulage company or for those who are acting as a Transport Manager for such companies.

Hi just wondering whats the story with getting your learner permit for the truck category.Is the theory test much different
    Much of the category B test will overlap but there will be additional questions in relation to weights, axles, loads, airlines, safety equipment, reversing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

As far as I am aware the Certificate of Competence is only required for those who are seeking an Operating Licence (not a driving licence) to run a bus or haulage company or for those who are acting as a Transport Manager for such companies.

At the risk of going off topic there is a new CPC coming out for drivers. It will require all holders of "c" and "d" class licenses to undergo 35 hours of training every five years.

It comes into effect europewide from 10 Sept 2008 for new bus drivers and from 10 Sept 2009 for new HGV drivers. Existing license holders have 5 years grace and then it's back to school I'm afraid :(

At the risk of going off topic there is a new CPC coming out for drivers. It will require all holders of "c" and "d" class licenses to undergo 35 hours of training every five years.

It comes into effect europewide from 10 Sept 2008 for new bus drivers and from 10 Sept 2009 for new HGV drivers. Existing license holders have 5 years grace and then it's back to school I'm afraid :(
    Thanks for that - it looks like I'll be going back to school!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

See you there !

On the other hand it could be wortwhile considering teaching the course..now that could be a nice little earner !!

Advertisement