Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Mobile

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

iwb wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Digiweb will roll this out past the Dublin area? Initially, they claimed they would have very comprehensive coverage across Ireland by now.

I've also been trying to find this out for a while with no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭victor8600

watty wrote: »
    ... you probably don't want to trying doing your own aerial.

Yes, you are right, better ask Digiweb if they have or can recommend an aerial.

BTW, I could not connect to Digiweb Mobile today (or yesterday) either in Tyrrelstown or in Whitestown. Mobility Manager application says "Waiting L2" (as in pic) for most of the time, and sometimes "Searching" briefly.

Does it mean that there is a signal, but FLASH-OFDM card cannot connect for some reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

I've spoken to digiweb sales and he says that he garauntees 5Mbs download speed at all times if i buy it. Dont know if it will work in my area though. Might order it and give it a go. If its even no lower than 2Mbps ever im laughing. If not back it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I've spoken to digiweb sales and he says that he garauntees 5Mbs download speed at all times if i buy it. Dont know if it will work in my area though. Might order it and give it a go. If its even no lower than 2Mbps ever im laughing. If not back it goes
    Easiest way to cut through salesperson spin is since he guarantees 5mbits download speed at all times ask him to give it to you in writing. Obviously he won't because he is in no position to guarantee you anything.

Easiest way to cut through salesperson spin is since he guarantees 5mbits download speed at all times ask him to give it to you in writing. Obviously he won't because he is in no position to guarantee you anything.

Good plan. Im going to see if i cant ry it out anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Maybe someone confused or talking about a package on a different system anyway...

Peak rate is up to 5Mbits/s, and typical rates are 1 to 3Mbits/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Watty I had this for the year just cancelled one of the first to get I am located in Rush

The service is average varies from 500 kb to 2 mb
    Mostly around 850kb up and down
    pings are around 60 to boards.ie
    This gets better at night lowers to around 40 you can play xbox on it with no probs.

Its an ok service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I've spoken to digiweb sales and he says that he garauntees 5Mbs download speed at all times if i buy it.

Just to be re-iterate, that was a lie.

watty wrote: »
    Maybe someone confused or talking about a package on a different system anyway...

Peak rate is up to 5Mbits/s, and typical rates are 1 to 3Mbits/s.

No, he definitely wasnt confused (however he may have been lying alright), i asked him about the specific package (multi). He told me i may not get the 5.3 megs speed but he garaunteed it would never go below 5 megs.

Im going to try it and see. If it stays above 3 at all times i'll keep it, if not its going back.

Advertisement