Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

strange problem with my new car

Options
  • 15-05-2008 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Six weeks ago i bought an 02 tdi 100bhp golf in good nick all round and 85000 genuine miles. i nct it 2 weeks ago and it went through without a problem very happy with the car so far.

But today iwas on my way home from work and i started to overtake a bus which was doing 40 but as soon as i got by the bus the car lost alot of power and felt very dead for the rest of the way home. it felt as if the turbo was not kicking in. i could not hear the cars normal whistle under acceleration. so i got home and parked the car. i got back into it 15 mins later and it was driving like normal again with all its power back.

I am just wondering did this ever happen to anyone else and is it a serious problem? what is wrong with it?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yeah - could be the turbo, but could also be the air flow meter (and a few other things). You'll really need to have it checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kudzRS

maybe the actuator stuck open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Sounds like the Air flow meter... have replaced two on my passat TDI. They are plug 'N play so you could do this yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Try unplugging the air flow sensor (air-mass sensor, air-flow sensors haven't been used for a good few years now!) and bringing it for a drive - it could verify that's at fault.
    It could be a few things failing this, hopefully none are expensive!

Advertisement