Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus Website weirdness?

Options
  • 15-05-2008 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Trying to book a flight for 3 people to Gran Canaria on 2 August.

For just one passenger it costs €190, but when I put in for 3 passengers, the price shoots up to €220.

Can anyone explain this? This seems completely unfair. And the phone line operators are closed and I want to book tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I know it doesnt solve your problem, wouldnt ordering 3 singles work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

GBX wrote: »
    I know it doesnt solve your problem, wouldnt ordering 3 singles work?

Well that's what I'm considering doing, but it seems completely unnecessary and unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Found the same problem with ryanair too!!!
    wtf is all that about???

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Found the same problem with ryanair too!!!
    wtf is all that about???

Did you complain? I'd ring only for the phone line isn't open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

ateam wrote: »
    Did you complain? I'd ring only for the phone line isn't open

no didnt bother i was booking four people so just booked two and two and saved bout 60 euro at the time, didnt think there was any point of complaining sure ye you only give yourself grief trying!

• Advertisement

I booked one flight and the price went immediately up. So they obviously only had one €190 flight left or something. Completely misleading, I'm going to ring tmw and see what they say. Otherwise Joe Duffy will be hearing from me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Trying to book a flight for 3 people to Gran Canaria on 2 August.

For just one passenger it costs €190, but when I put in for 3 passengers, the price shoots up to €220.

Can anyone explain this? This seems completely unfair. And the phone line operators are closed and I want to book tonight.

Usually means there are only two tickets left at €190.... still will be cheaper to book 3 separate tickets though...

jhegarty wrote: »
    Usually means there are only two tickets left at €190.... still will be cheaper to book 3 separate tickets though...

There was only one left. Is that allowed? Seems very misleading to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Airlines put up the prices as the seats sell , can't see anything wrong with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Of course it's allowed. It's the way most airlines work. What's misleading? You were told what the price would be for 1 ticket, and what it would be for 3 tickets? What's misleading?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I can see how you felt misled but frankly its just commerical innocence on your part not to understand how it can be more expensive.

Ladbybird explanation:

Their plane has 100 seats, they decide they will sell the seats like this :

25 @ €100
    25 @ €125
    25 @ €150
    25 @ €200

So you log on and there is only 1 seat left @ €125 and the next price level is €150. Get it?

Mannion would ROFL if Joe Duffy called him about this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I booked one flight and the price went immediately up. So they obviously only had one €190 flight left or something. Completely misleading, I'm going to ring tmw and see what they say. Otherwise Joe Duffy will be hearing from me
    Lol, how is it misleading? maybe they should just give you the flights at whatever price you want! :rolleyes:

Advertisement