Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which interface?

Options
  • 15-05-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i am new to digital recording and i was wondering if someone could help me with choosing an interface/control surface. i have been researching interfaces for quite sometime know and have narrowed it down to three choices: tascam fw1082, tascam fw1884, and m-audio projectmix i/o. what i want to do is simultaneously record a vocal track, 3 guitars, a bass guitar and drums and be able to have each instrument on its own track in whichever computer program i choose to record with. i think that any of these machines would do the trick, please correct me if im wrong and if i am please tell me how many simultaneous tracks i can record with each of these interfaces. also, how do u tell how many of the machines inputs will go to the computer as seperate tracks. also, if these machines dont do what i think they do please suggest one that does. if anybody could help me with my questions it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Yes they are all fine. What I would say is they could actually be a little overkill if your just getting into it! Then again they are an all in one type thing so it would be handy not having to shoop for other bits

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Tascam and M-Audio both have well deserved good reputations. If you were happy enough with any of them, a deal clincher might be that M-Audio is distributed in Ireland by Futuresounds in Dublin.

If you had any issues you'd get them solved locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

The projectmix is a good job with Cubase

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

That M-Audio 2626 looks like a decent option - mostly because of the preamps and its expandability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wreckagecrayon

thanks doods, much love, another question for anyone who chooses to answer, which one would you go with, fw1884 or projectmix?

• Advertisement
Advertisement