Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rice Krispy Marshmallow Squares

• 15-05-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recipes please that are not in American measurements?

Help much needed, I'm a relative novice at cooking so do not have the confidence to experiment with the margarine, golden syrup, mm what have you.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

it'd never occur to me to add golden syrup. my recipe for years has been

1 bag princess marshmallows
    bout 1 oz butter
    melt them both in pan
    add rice crispies till they're coated enough

never have i ever measured ricecrispies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I use a bag of marshmallows, a bag of chewy toffees and about 25grams of butter. Then just lash in the Rice Krispies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MzFusspot

janeybabe wrote: »
    I use a bag of marshmallows, a bag of chewy toffees and about 25grams of butter. Then just lash in the Rice Krispies.

Rice Crispy square things made this way are just about the best thing ever and so moreish, I think I'll have to make these tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I made some for a friends birthday recently. Melted 6 Mars bars and a large bag of marshmallows then added about 250 grammes of Rice Krispies and then when they were all mixed together I put them on a big tray, melted 4 Mars bars and spread them over the top. They went down very well!

• Advertisement
Advertisement