Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Spring Water filters

• 15-05-2008 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Mountain Spring a water filter company based in Mitchelstown? Are they realiable? Is the product worth the investment?

Thanks in advance for any info.
    DJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A brita type jug system is perfectly good. I presume they are installing a inline filter for your tap in the kitchen, or a second filter tap. If this is the case I personally would look for a company that will charge for the one off installation. I would not want a contract or call out fees to replace the filter. There should be systems where you could fit a new filter yourself, and like printers ,you should check how much the replacement cartridges are.

There could be systems available online from well established companies with cheap replacements. You could get one and do it yourself, or call in a plumber who could probably do it.

Any links to this company? or prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DJ1

Thanks Rubadub. The cost is €1795 + €125 per year for maintenance. The web site is www.mountainspring.ie

Thanks for any further advice,
    DJ.

Reverse osmosis is the ultimate in water treatment, pretty much overkill for Irish water, it is used in places like China with poor water.

The maintenance cost seems OK but the initial seems high. I see you can buy a kit to install yourself on ebay cheap enough.

A few more Irish sites are at the top here
    http://www.google.com/search?complete=1&hl=en&q=%22reverse+osmosis%22+site%3A.ie&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DJ1

Thanks Rubadub. I'll check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Hi DJ1,

It may be too late to give you advice on Mountain Spring ?
    Basically they are a crowd of chancers who are selling an overpriced prodcut to a gullible public. Not only that, but they want you to take out finance with a company called Creation Financial Serrvices Ltd. This company is based is Belfast and they obviously offer a very high commission to Mountain Spring to sign people up. I know someone who signed for finance during the summer. The first direct debit did not go through and they were on the phone straight away looking for the money. They have sent 3 direct debit forms and it is all set up correctly in the person's bank and they still cannot process the payment. The person got onto the top people in Mountain Spring and they could not care what happened after the product was sold.

Companies like Mountain Spring have to trade on their reputation. Is it a pity that they do not think about this when dealing with their customers.

Buyer beware !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

rubadub wrote: »
    Reverse osmosis is the ultimate in water treatment, pretty much overkill for Irish water, it is used in places like China with poor water.

Just to second that, Irish tap water is actually of a very high standard. You may be able to find a report on the water in your area from www.epa.ie or your local authority. Either way, you would only need to filter for taste in 99% of cases.

Edit: Latest report from the EPA:
    http://www.epa.ie/downloads/pubs/water/drinking/name,24058,en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bk11

Hi,
    Just wondering if there are any more updates on Mountain Spring? Any info appreciated.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maryod87

bk11 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if there are any more updates on Mountain Spring? Any info appreciated.
    Thanks.

I have dealt with this company and they must be the most unprofessional crowd I have ever come across, stay away !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FrankD24

maryod87 wrote: »
    I have dealt with this company and they must be the most unprofessional crowd I have ever come across, stay away !!

Im a customer with Mountain Spring for over a year ......

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

First post, Frank ?

Have you any connection with Mountain Spring ?

You seem to be in the minority !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

joebre wrote: »
    First post, Frank ?

Have you any connection with Mountain Spring ?!
    Yes, very fishy. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055153853
    Spam will not be tolerated.

I am locking this thread up, seems like a bunch of shills now I read it again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement