Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 v 5 indoor football

Options
  • 15-05-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Lads/Lassies,

Are there 5 asides in the leisure centre in Portarlington?

Im looking to get fit again, and id rather run after a ball, than just run ... after nothing.

Gar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

tbh, not that i know of Gareth!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

yep, you have to book a time and get yourself 8 to ten players. they supply the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Its a wonder they don´t open up the GAA hall for indoor games, but I suppose there is that whole ´we don´t do foreign games` buzz with the GAA.

Actually feck that, I played basketball in there for years!

GAA hall is the most underutilized space in the town imo.

Oh and I think the leisure centre was 30 or 40 quid for the hour, split between 8-10 lads and its nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

connundrum wrote: »
    Its a wonder they don´t open up the GAA hall for indoor games, but I suppose there is that whole ´we don´t do foreign games` buzz with the GAA.

Actually feck that, I played basketball in there for years!

GAA hall is the most underutilized space in the town imo.

Oh and I think the leisure centre was 30 or 40 quid for the hour, split between 8-10 lads and its nothing.

me and my friends play there weekly. we play 4 a side and its €5 a head. its not bad but the new astro turf pitch in portlaoise is only €40 and hour and my god thats a great pitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Come the winter I would be very interested in this Gar if you could gather a few heads. I don't really know of anyone who would play ( all my male neighbours would be a bit old). I'm seriously unfit and will have lots of time from the end of summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

i play every monday night over in the astro pitch in portlaoise, its something else lads, €5 each we pay for an hour and whatever we have left over we buy footballs out of.

Advertisement