Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenomena or Roebuck

Options
  • 15-05-2008 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

I really dont know which to pick? how do you decide? ive never being to either but for some reason im leaning toward glenomena, dont know why, think i just prefer the name.
    i dont even know anyone whose lived in either of the two reidences. any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Pharm07 wrote: »
    I really dont know which to pick? how do you decide? ive never being to either but for some reason im leaning toward glenomena, dont know why, think i just prefer the name.
    i dont even know anyone whose lived in either of the two reidences. any opinions?

I've lived in both and I preferred Roebuck. You don't get to choose though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Bui

There are quite a few threads on UCD res already, if you browse around you'll get a farily good idea. I've been in Glenomena now for three years.... I haven't lived in Roebuck but from what I've seen of it, the difference is negligible. Glenomena tends to cater for post grads primarily and then final years where as I think Roebuck is solely for undergrads? Other than that, I guess Glen is built around a nice communal grassy area in the center which is nice in the summer to hang out which Roebuck doesn't but thats about it.

For what it's worth I prefer Glen; but then, as Scraggs said, you don't get a choice so there's little point in worrying, take what you get, either one beats Merville or 'Belgrade'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

ok, thanks guys. i thought you had to pick which one you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Hey! Belgrove wasn't THAT bad...:p

ok, thanks guys. i thought you had to pick which one you wanted.

Well technically, you can put down your order of preference, but after that you just get told where you go so it's little difference
    solace wrote: »
    Hey! Belgrove wasn't THAT bad...:p

ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

The name Belgrade certainly rings true as I emerged yesterday morning to see the wanton destruction everywhere. I was constantly walking on glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Belgrove was not the worst. I was in Merville, Glen and Belgrove that night and just the distruction and crap that was around them was unbelievable. There wasn't one piece of grass peeping up through the glass in Glen and Merville had broken couches littered around the place. Its got nothing to do with how the residences look, its just UCD deciding to put too many people finishing on the one day (seemed like everyone was finished that day so I'm glad I was too!)

And I'd like to point out that the chaos in Merville and Glen was at 11 o clock...

ok,maybe put roebuck first on the list. it looks really nice from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Roebuck is the best choice imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Scraggs wrote: »
    I've lived in both and I preferred Roebuck. You don't get to choose though :(

+1

• Advertisement

hey, is there any way you can put down the wrong address thats further away from dublin? say if i put my uncles address down on the form?? or will they find out?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Some people do that. Those people are scum.

maybe i am scum then.....:(

kinda nervous applying for oncampus. not knowing who i am going to be livin with if i get it kinda scares me! c'est la vie

whats the difference between glenomena 1&2 and then glenomena 3?

whats the difference between glenomena 1&2 and then glenomena 3?

In respect to what, houses or accomodation options?

If its accomodation options you are talking about, the first is only a 38 week stay (i.e. the college year September - May) and the second is a 50 week option, so if you're a post-grad or want to stay up for the summer you can opt to stay for the whole year, September - August.

If its houses you're talking about, there isn't a difference, they're all equally as delightfully generic as the next, and you don't get to chose which house you're in either so I wouldn't worry about it

As to living with strangers, I wouldn't worry too much about that either, 9 times out of 10 they're all pretty cool, I've had a few strange ones in my time but happily glenomena is easily adapted for these situations and you can work around them easily enough!

Bui wrote: »
    In respect to what, houses or accomodation options?

If its accomodation options you are talking about, the first is only a 38 week stay (i.e. the college year September - May) and the second is a 50 week option, so if you're a post-grad or want to stay up for the summer you can opt to stay for the whole year, September - August.

If its houses you're talking about, there isn't a difference, they're all equally as delightfully generic as the next, and you don't get to chose which house you're in either so I wouldn't worry about it

As to living with strangers, I wouldn't worry too much about that either, 9 times out of 10 they're all pretty cool, I've had a few strange ones in my time but happily glenomena is easily adapted for these situations and you can work around them easily enough!

Thanks a million. Thats great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lins

Roebuckis far better, electricity cards in Glen are an absolute joke.

Put down your uncles address. they wont know and they certainly wont care.

Belgrove over Merville all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Willum101

are the flats in glenomena mixed as in boys/girls? also is the craic good? i know this questions probably been flogged already but im just curious. peoples experiences etc? the more i know the better haha

Willum101 wrote: »
    are the flats in glenomena mixed as in boys/girls? also is the craic good? i know this questions probably been flogged already but im just curious. peoples experiences etc? the more i know the better haha

These threads should be a sticky.....

Apartments are mixed, male and female in together. THere are six to each apartment, but there is no fixed ratio (i.e. it can be 3 guys : 3 girls or 4 guys : 2 girls or 4 girls : 2 guys etc etc)

You do get the occasional oddball but other than that, its good craic

• Advertisement
Advertisement