Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Stolen

Options
  • 16-05-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

A friend of my gf had his car stolen at 9:40 this evening from outside the front of the Westwood.

Reg is 06-G-6602, and is identical to the one pictured below. Red new model Honda Civic 5 door.

The guy who took it was thin, wearing a tan/maroon baseball cap and a grey t-shirt. He also had his head shaved. He had been drinking in there for several hours before he took the car.

If anyone spots it, would you please let Mill Street know on 091-538000, or reception in the Westwood on 091-521442.

Thanks.

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

No picture of a car so don't know what should be looked out for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

The pics aren't coming up for me either.

He should be on the hotel cameras if he was in there for a few hours. Hopefully the Gardai can track him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Fixed; thanks for pointing that out, Bobcar.

Gardai have seen the tapes, but the picture mixed with the baseball cap don't make for a good ID.

Fey! wrote: »
    Fixed

No it's not

July wrote: »
    No it's not

Does that mean the link and description haven't come up?

Damn computers... :mad:

• Advertisement

When I posted there was no link and there's four 'x thingies' where the pics aren't coming up.

The link is there now so I can see the car through the links but the pics aren't in your post.

Thanks for that. I'll try and figure out what I did wrong tomorrow, but at least the information is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Had to reload but it came up eventually. Will keep an eye out, hopefully its just some drunken eejit taking a handy lift home. Did he lift the keys off the bar counter or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yep its fixed!

No offence but I don't know why he stole,personal preference but I wouldn't waste my time,i don't like them cars.
    If he had been in the pub for a few hours and obviously had a few drinks,I wouldn't be surprised if the car is involved in some sort of crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

did he get the keys or did he hot-wire it, the old fashion way ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I'll keep an eye out. Did the CCTV indicate if the car went left or right when it left the WestWood?
    Hopefully he just used it to get home and its parked up somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

CB4_1049969_2_294578.jpg

He stole it with the keys; the owner turned his back on the car for 12 seconds and it was gone!

From what they could gather, it turned right out of the Westwood toward town. We had a good hunt around for it last night, but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

How'd he get the keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sounds like the got out of the car leaving the engine running, when owner wasnt looking, scumbag jumped into car and off he went

If so, no insurance payout as the keys were there :( (I am open to correction on this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Correct, insurance won't pay out :(

Hope he has some luck OP. My car was stolen last year, it was recovered with just some cosmetic damage so lets hope that happens in this case.

I hope he has some luck, too; he's actually a nice lad.

Advertisement