Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

alex ferguson chewing gum

• 16-05-2008 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

How much gum does this guy get through a game let alone a season.?!

I think its a bit disgusting tbh. He has some sponsor deal with orbit I bet.... he goes through crates of the stuff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Please close this stupid thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

He keeps Wrigley in business all on his own. If he ever stops then I foresee big lay-off's at the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Most interesting thread ever : oldrolleyes :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

You think chewing gum is disgusting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Some do chewing gum or like Johann Cruyff has the lolly pops. Hardly disgusting to chew gum though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

no its not disgusting to chew gum, but when your getting interviewed and when it seems like your chewing a whole pack at a time...

he is the only manager i see in the top flight chewing like its a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lots of coaches do it here (in the US). My old coach used to do it for nerves. I imagine it is the same at all levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

A few managers chew the stuff. It seems to be a habit, like smoking etc. It probably has to do with all the pressure they are under. Chewing may help to relieve it.

Then again, I'm probably talking a load of crap.*

*as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

He loves it so much he even eats it off the ground.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=PBC_rmIUVC8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

no its not disgusting to chew gum, but when your getting interviewed and when it seems like your chewing a whole pack at a time...
    I was told to stop chewing gum when having a chat with someone before. Unreal how easily offended some people can be by something so small (imo).

If you think he's bad dont watch a baseball game. You have probably close to 50 people ALL chewing either gum or seeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=PBC_rmIUVC8

now ive seen it all. ! for someone of his wealth you would think he wouldnt do such things....:pac:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Allardyce did it all of the time, I think Harry Redknapp does also. Whats disgusting about chewing gum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I got a pack of 'extra' here which says sponsor of the premier league. Mystery solved.
    http://www.premierleague.com/page/WrigExtra ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I've seen a good few players chewing gum aswell while playing, which I find fairly weird tbh. Cudicini is the one that springs to mind but there are plenty more that do it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

If my memory serves correctly Ferguson gets through about 2 packets a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Isn't chewing gum a mild laxative? 2 packets = lots of time on the shitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Isn't chewing gum a mild laxative? 2 packets = lots of time on the shitter

True, true, alex likes to be regular and consistent....just like his team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Worth a fortune that well chewed chewing gum. He should start selling it on ebay.

Anyway how dare anybody come in here and question fergie about chewing gum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

How the hell is it disgusting OP? Bored much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

gucci wrote: »
    True, true, alex likes to be regular and consistent....just like his team!

True. They've both had their fair share of good runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

"Hey, hey, Louis, Diarrhea .....!"

*yup thats my joke.....im DYING of a hangover at work,so bad i got on the wrong bus this morning and ended up going around for an hour in a loop!Stupid 103 A should be 103 gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

wow this is the greatest thread ever! :rolleyes: why does fergie chew gum?! because he wants to, and a man like him, he's allowed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Didnt he throw his chewing gum against the wall of the dugout at least twice this season? I hope he was reprimanded for littering.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If my memory serves correctly Ferguson gets through about 2 packets a game.
    Purely an illusion. Fergus has been chewing the same piece of gum since he won his first PL title 15 years ago.

It's lacking a bit of elasticity nowadays, hence he skimps on the post-match talky. He gets fierce lock-jaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

squeaky bum time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

:o Pill muncher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Barely ever see him chewing during an interview! When he leaves the dug-out he always throws it down on the grass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

The guy certainly likes his gum.The only complaint I would have is when he chews it talking to the camera,it absolutely revolting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well i am still more interested what the hell was with his hair last sunday?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

dc69 wrote: »
    The guy certainly likes his gum.The only complaint I would have is when he chews it talking to the camera,it absolutely revolting.

You gotta be taking the piss. Just because he chews gum and talks you find it revolting. C'mon man cop the fuk on

Advertisement