Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MGS4 Official Website and Help start a MGS Forum please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Cool its in Japanese! That video were snake has the Assassins creed costume on, is brilliant.

Snake? No,Snake...SNAAAKKEEE!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Why doesn't metal gear solid have it's own thread, surely it's just as popular as most games that have threads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Suggest a forum here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

I'll support it...

Otacon wrote: »
    Suggest a forum here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

I'll support it...

Done..

Where do u make those pics like warhawk forum, as u can see i only really started posting

Go to the WarHawk forum. I didn't make these but instead, shamelessly copied them from a Sig thread on the forum. I believe its was created by BlitzKreig.

Will add my support for the MGS forum now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I believe its was created by BlitzKreig.

No I didnt.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Why does every single game, tv show or condiment warrant a forum ? The games forum is hardly straining under the pressure of new threads as it is. Im sure it can handle a few MGS threads.

The forum would die out a few weeks after the game was released.

I agree with Tusky, Metal Gear Solid doesnt need its own forum

(when did we get a warhawk one???)

well i think metal gear does deserve a forum.. firstly it's not any old game, it was the game that invented the stealth genre in my opinion.

there has been 4 games on the playstation so far (not including mgs4).. 2 on the psp and mgs4 and online on the way...

i don't see why it wouldn't be like the gta forum in setting up online battles and discussing the storyline, easter eggs, characters and many more

it is such a massive franchise that i think it would be unlikely if this was the end of the series especially if the online is excellent.

Not only that but it is much more worthy to have a forum then battlefield, counter-strike, wolfenstein and guitar hero and it would be at least on a par with resident evil which surely has the same problems as have been mentioned this forum would have if it is set up!

tok9 wrote: »
    Not only that but it is much more worthy to have a forum then battlefield, counter-strike, wolfenstein and guitar hero and it would be at least on a par with resident evil which surely has the same problems as have been mentioned this forum would have if it is set up!

I agree on GH and RE but not the others...

I also agree on the online aspect. I, for one, will be very interested in that. The beta was awesome imo, that is, once it started properly!

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    I agree on GH and RE but not the others...

I also agree on the online aspect. I, for one, will be very interested in that. The beta was awesome imo, that is, once it started properly!

fair enough i've just never really played them and know metal gear deserves one.

don't actually have broadband but wish i did for this and gta, i'd imagine they are and will be class

I'll easily agree with you on the quality of the mgs series, I have been a fan since the beginning, I have bought two playstation consoles purely to play the MGS games, and its looking I will do it again for this one.

but

We dont know if MGS will deserve its own forum.

Not yet anyway

some of the games you have named dont deserve their own forum, its purely down to consistency, games like Counter-strike, battlefield etc get consistently updated with new installments, new tournaments, maps, mods etc. Its this constent influx of change that keeps those forums ticking over. Other games have heritage (Quake) which will ensure their forums are never taken off, and some dont need forums pure and simple, and saying mgs deserves one because they got it is not a valid argument.

Guitar Hero has the constent release of new song tracks ot keep it going.

then games like final fantasy etc get so many updates or spin offs that a forum can be kept active on that.

Metal Gear solid on the otherhand, 4 major titles stretched across 3 consoles and how many years?

Sure each entry will generate enough buzz for a few months around its release but then it will go very quiet

Now I said I wouldnt support it yet.

If MGO takes off then you will see the consistency that exists in CS and battlefield...then I'd change my support

But between the the mumbles of 4 being the last *solid* story and the ifs and buts of mgo taking off or not i would say the games forum is enough at the moment.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I'll easily agree with you on the quality of the mgs series, I have been a fan since the beginning, I have bought two playstation consoles purely to play the MGS games, and its looking I will do it again for this one.

but

We dont know if MGS will deserve its own forum.

Not yet anyway

some of the games you have named dont deserve their own forum, its purely down to consistency, games like Counter-strike, battlefield etc get consistently updated with new installments, new tournaments, maps, mods etc. Its this constent influx of change that keeps those forums ticking over. Other games have heritage (Quake) which will ensure their forums are never taken off, and some dont need forums pure and simple, and saying mgs deserves one because they got it is not a valid argument.

Guitar Hero has the constent release of new song tracks ot keep it going.

then games like final fantasy etc get so many updates or spin offs that a forum can be kept active on that.

Metal Gear solid on the otherhand, 4 major titles stretched across 3 consoles and how many years?

Sure each entry will generate enough buzz for a few months around its release but then it will go very quiet

Now I said I wouldnt support it yet.

If MGO takes off then you will see the consistency that exists in CS and battlefield...then I'd change my support

But between the the mumbles of 4 being the last *solid* story and the ifs and buts of mgo taking off or not i would say the games forum is enough at the moment.

ok thats fair enough but i hope there will be consistency when MGO is released, worthy enough to earn a forum however i feel now is as good a time as any to create a forum, to get all that pre release buzz in and then reviews rather then wait till mgs online comes out

i'd imagine everyone metal gear with broadband has seen this trailer but if not here you go

http://www.gamespot.com/video/926596...ficial-trailer

btw made a thread in game reviews on the FIRST MGS4 REVIEW

Advertisement