Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any tips/links on filleting trout?

Options
  • 16-05-2008 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

normally ive only ever fried/baked/grilled any fish i catch without de-boning them.
    however ive often noticed (as im a bit wary of bones) that i tend to leave a bit of meat behind on the plate cos i dont want to succomb to a choking.
    i would be interested to learn a way of removing the bones (especially on a trout) prior to cooking.
    there doesnt seem to be a chefs forum on the boards (or maybe i missed it)

i hate to think of wasted food! (im from cavan).

so has anybody any good tips (or links etc) to any good filleting techniques

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Youtube a wealth of knowledge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtuOGdt-GWw&feature=related

I usually leave the skin and give em a good fry. But with the bigger ones I just clean them out and put the them in the oven with lemon slices and black pepper. Hold the head bring the knife in under the fin not straight down but at a 45 degree angle the torward the head ,turn the knife and slide it to the tail and repeat on the other side.By putting it in at an angle the twisting action brings the blade right under the meat where you want it. A sharp knife is essential, a filleting knife even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kuijt

Look at my new website www.filleting-fish.com filmdemo's about filleting all fishes (40 also trout ) of the Northsea.;)

Advertisement