Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The destruction of that bit of a wall down Bridge street.

• 16-05-2008 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

I was chatting to mr brady the other day, he reckons he saw a starling once fly onto that part of the wall, now he wasnt too sure if it actually had a nest there or not, but come on hey.. boardsies... i mean.. bridge street.. wheres the outrage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sorry Flanum, noone cares about cavan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

rb_ie wrote: »
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I pointed out on the Green thread, I'm not a Dub myself yet I still care what happens to the Green. As for Cavan, I think I passed through it the odd time on the way up north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

well who is this mr noone then? is he a td?
    and anyway, i thought that that everybody cares about that bit of a wall down that back alley in cavan, seeing as everybody on boards is from cavan. or maybe i just take it for granted everybody on boards is from cavan, and the internet is an extension of my thoughts!

See? cavan isn't even important enough to bother capitalising the C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

neither is "rb"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

flanum wrote: »
    neither is "rb"

Lol rb got pwned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i once knew a bird there but she lost her gaf

Where is cavan anyway?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol rb got pwned!
    Lol, indeed I did. GG Flanum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

well who is this mr noone then? is he a td?
    and anyway, i thought that that everybody cares about that bit of a wall down that back alley in cavan, seeing as everybody on boards is from cavan. or maybe i just take it for granted everybody on boards is from cavan, and the internet is an extension of my thoughts!
    No, flanum, everyone on Boards is not from Cavan ... or indeed from Dublin, as I pointed out on the other thread. And yes, there are regional forums. But there are some sites in Dublin and elsewhere in the country which are well-known enough to be of interest to people from well outside that region. I'm not sure the bit of a wall down Bridge St. with the wee tit fits that description. Stephen's Green does. So for that matter does the Skryne valley which you mentioned earlier.
    neither is "rb"

Credit for hitting the bullseye there, though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what's this thread about? Starlings?

what's this thread about? Starlings?
    Ooops ... I thought it was tits! :(

Ooops ... I thought it was tits! :(

still birds... :confused:

still birds... :confused:

Nothing wrong with chatting about birds, now, is there?

It may make more sense (perhaps!) if you read it in conjunction with the thread re: the "Destruction of St. Stephen's Green".

Nothing wrong with chatting about birds, now, is there?

depends on the coefficient of headwreckerness.
    It may make more sense (perhaps!) if you read it in conjunction with the thread re: the "Destruction of St. Stephen's Green".

that's not helpful here.

that's not helpful here.
    Em ... ok! 0_o

/retreats hurriedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

That's absolutey fascinating. Thanks for keeping us all up to date on the goings-on in Cavan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I was chatting to mr brady the other day, he reckons he saw a starling once fly onto that part of the wall, now he wasnt too sure if it actually had a nest there or not, but come on hey.. boardsies... i mean.. bridge street.. wheres the outrage?
    It's well known that mr brady is a ragin' homosexual. And with no more wall. I think you're in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I don't care about anywhere that isn't my house. There's no regional forum for my house so I'll post something about it here.

1970s housing was crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Goddammit, this country is falling apart. First some park over in the east somewhere and now this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

So true it's not even funny.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Flanum, watch it. This is a load of trolling crap. I've made my feelings clear about how I don't like the assumption everyone on Boards is from/lives in Dublin. However, there are obviously far more people from/living in Dublin using Boards than their Cavan equivalent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement