Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fog lights and dangerous driving

• 16-05-2008 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

To all the morons out there, there is such a thing as fog lights in your cars to be used during FOG. As for the moron who overtook the car behind me and me while a truck with no fog lights was heading towards me, if you have a death wish do it in your own time without involving others. The number of cars that had no fog lights on makes my blood boil.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

And turn the fcukers off when its a gin clear day you gimps!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

And turn the fcukers off when its a gin clear day you gimps!!!

I drive with my lights on because it attracts attention and makes other road users aware of my car. I would prefer that then being ignored and crashed into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I was referring to rear fog lights, turn them off when there's no fog !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Or cover your car in Lucozade wrappers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I drive with my lights on because it attracts attention and makes other road users aware of my car. I would prefer that then being ignored and crashed into.

Read the Rules of the Road
    http://www.transport.ie/upload/general/8342-0.pdf
    "fog lamps may only be used in dense fog or falling snow"

Dipped headlights are ok, not additional fog lights.

More http://www.drivingschoolireland.com/fog_lights.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fog lights?

It's fúcking sunny out.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Anybody who drives with fog lights on when its not foggy is a gimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Motors Forum FFS

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Motors? Motors?! Everyone must hear of this mans outrage! :rolleyes:

:(->:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    Anybody who drives with fog lights on when its not foggy is a gimp.

On my old car the button to switch off the fog light didn´t work. And I bought the car with the fog lamp on. I think you´ll find it was the car who was in fact the gimp, and not I :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I'll turn my front fog lights on at night with dipped headlights as it makes the road brighter, dont care if im breaking the law, improved visibility of the road FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

You should use dipped lights during daytime whenever you remember - proven to be much safer apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cannonball

I'll turn my front fog lights on at night with dipped headlights as it makes the road brighter, dont care if im breaking the law, improved visibility of the road FTW

What about the visibility for oncoming cars? fogs lights on makes very little difference to your own ability to see the road but if you're passing a load of cars and trucks with extra lights on it makes visibility much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FI DUB

Well that’s a great attitude to have isn’t it………………….F**K everybody else once I can see I don’t care its people like you that cause deaths on our roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Get spots. Much safer for everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

FI DUB wrote: »
    Well that’s a great attitude to have isn’t it………………….F**K everybody else once I can see I don’t care its people like you that cause deaths on our roads.

fronty fogs don't dazzle rear fogs do and driving lamops do but fromt fogs don't
    thats the whole point of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'll turn my front fog lights on at night with dipped headlights as it makes the road brighter,

Well - for about 5 feet directly in front of the car. But if it looks 'cool', who cares eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Tigger wrote: »
    fronty fogs don't dazzle rear fogs do and driving lamops do but fromt fogs don't
    thats the whole point of them

Disagree Tigger! If I met one car only on my 50 mile journey home with front fogs on maybe it wouldn't be an issue but every 2nd or 3rd car with fogs on absolutely takes it's toll on the eyes! If it wasn't an issue there would be a directive to drive with your front fogs on wouldn't there??? :rolleyes: And actually the whole point of fog lamps on your car is for better visibility for both you and other drivers *in the fog*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Front fogs won't dazzle oncoming traffic if the road conditions are foggy. The fog absorbs the extra light.

In normal road conditions they will though.

Best thing to do is to flash yours on and off repeatedly at oncoming twats that have theirs on. The sudden appearance of the extra light will make them look at your lights and you can quickly blind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Well - for about 5 feet directly in front of the car. But if it looks 'cool', who cares eh?

Did i say it looked cool:rolleyes:? and yes it does improve visibility when you point the spots to the ground(at night obviously) At least thats what i find.

And they dont dazzle me when i meet a car with their front spots on either.

people get so worked up......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Disagree Tigger! If I met one car only on my 50 mile journey home with front fogs on maybe it wouldn't be an issue but every 2nd or 3rd car with fogs on absolutely takes it's toll on the eyes! If it wasn't an issue there would be a directive to drive with your front fogs on wouldn't there??? :rolleyes: And actually the whole point of fog lamps on your car is for better visibility for both you and other drivers *in the fog*

i have to say i prefer the "look at me types " with their fogs on than the fools with badly adjusted lamps or who just dont dip
    ant i'm commuting in the west for 70miles a day so i do know what you are saying about tired eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well said FI DUB, couldn't agree with you more

Advertisement