Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Feature Request] Most Thanked

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

tbh wrote: »
    weird, I seem to have dropped off that list, maybe it's cause there's another kind soul (Tom D) who has the same amount of thanked posts as me.

Yep. I know the most thanked list isn't exactly a priority but some chap called Mirror started gloating that he'd knocked me off the top 50.

So purely out of curiosity and not some narcissistic need I had a look and sure enough I was out and Mirror was in. So there I was fervently posting and F5ing the most thanked page and quickly developing carpal tunnel syndrome when I spotted the same problem tbh mentions above.

The list only shows one poster if there is more than one on a particular thanks count. The query is probably using a DISTINCT or something before the thanks column.

Like I said, obviously not a priority and not really going to bother me if it's not fixed.

/subscribes to thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

javaboy wrote: »
    Yep. I know the most thanked list isn't exactly a priority but some chap called Mirror started gloating that he'd knocked me off the top 50.

So purely out of curiosity and not some narcissistic need I had a look and sure enough I was out and Mirror was in. So there I was fervently posting and F5ing the most thanked page and quickly developing carpal tunnel syndrome when I spotted the same problem tbh mentions above.

The list only shows one poster if there is more than one on a particular thanks count. The query is probably using a DISTINCT or something before the thanks column.

Like I said, obviously not a priority and not really going to bother me if it's not fixed.

/subscribes to thread
    quit your whining, i'm on the way to world domination here :pac:

CuLT wrote: »
    Sure.

There's a couple of anomalous results in both thanks given and received where the count is 4GB for some reason (they are dumped from the results you see in the lists). Irritating, but ultimately trivial problem.
    omg i'm a thanks slut :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This no longer works btw..
    Failed to connect to memcached server.

EDIT: Works now

Sully wrote: »
    This no longer works btw..

EDIT: Works now

Yeah it does that on and off. I've noticed that a lot today. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

hmm I've 301 according to search posts thanked yet not showing up.

How often does it regenerate the list?

SteveC wrote: »
    hmm I've 301 according to search posts thanked yet not showing up.

How often does it regenerate the list?

You've 281 on your profile and you're on the list. I don't know if the results are cached or generated each time. Thank Mirror and then check if it immediately affects the list if you're interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

This is weird.

I am talking about http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/topthankers.php which is supposed to return the number of thanks given by posters.

It now shows me at #32 with 164.

62151.JPG

The only thing this possibly relates to is the number of posts I've been thanked in...

62152.JPG

If I search for all posts I've thanked then I get 301 hits.

Edit: Just checked a few random users in the list and it's the same.

I suspect CuLT's rations will be getting cut this week for this monumental screw up. It's only right.

javaboy wrote: »
    I suspect CuLT's rations will be getting cut this week for this monumental screw up. It's only right.
    pffft, what a n00b tbh

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This was being used as a scoreboard by people (as I figured it would), and really serves no purpose to anyone other than an admin or smod.

Gone *poof*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement