Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning up dog poop....

Options
  • 16-05-2008 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I walk my dog every morning through this estate, its a nice quiet walk, thats why I go that way! Anyway, she stopped to go for a wee on a patch of grass on the roadside. Next thing this man came thunderin down the footpath yelling at me to get my dog off there that he wasnt cleaning up her ****. He kept roaring and I just reached into my pocket and pulled out my bags....And said calmly..I have my bags (even though she wasnt going for a poo). With that he just turned and walked away! I was really peeved off coz talking those little black bags on my walk is almost as important to me and taking the dog!!

Its so unfair that I had to be yelled at in the middle of the street because of other irresponsible dog owners.

I'm just really fed up with it all....

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

That's crap, ignorant eejit. can he not tell the difference between the dog just having a pee?! luckily I live in the country so nobody cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sharkie2008

i got that the other week, my boyfriend and i were taking my dogs for a walk and one stopped to poop. went to give my boyfriend the dogs lead so that they could walk on while i poop-scoop and some man came up and started on me, even saying he would report me!! i had the bag in my hand and everything, when i told him i was about to pick it up he said, you young ones never clear it up :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 georgina

Its so annoying. People just assume coz you're young you have no manners or cop on when it comes to stuff like that! Its really bad that he started on you when you had te bag in you hand.....soooo frustrating:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

A bitchs urine can change the colour of the grass. Good on you for bringing a bag with you, personally I prefer the paper pooper scoops as they are bio-degradeable.

Kerrygold if they are growing grass for silage in the country than they will care as dog excrement in silage can cause abortion in cows.

The bags I have are biodegradable bags so they're handy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Okay?? Abusing a dog walker because their dog is poo-ing on the grass outside your house! The grass outside our house is a public area! Its none of his business as long as the mess is cleaned up. IN addition, there is no law to prevent your female dog from pee-ing on grass! It discolours! Well, the grass on the green area outside our house is destroyed by the neighbouring kids playing hurley. I'm not off yelling at their parents. It will grow back!

OP, sounds like you met one hell of an ignorant twit on your dog walk! You should have just said "Okay - lets call the guards here and now, becuase I'd like to report you for verbal abuse. I'd advise you to stop harassing me while I clean up after my dog."

He's probably someone who has had his garden shat in over and over again by one of the many dogs wandering around with no lead and no owners accompanying them. They are the ones that give dogs a bad name. Those are the dog owners that need to cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

]
    Kerrygold if they are growing grass for silage in the country than they will care as dog excrement in silage can cause abortion in cows.
    is this a fact that cows have trouble with dogs mess?:eek:

georgina wrote: »
    The bags I have are biodegradable bags so they're handy out.

Hi Georgina - where did you get the biodegradable ones??

If the wee is so harmless then why don't you let the dog do it in your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Because the dog always leaves the lid up?

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    If the wee is so harmless then why don't you let the dog do it in your house.

Why, do you plan to shove your face in it it something? Why not wipe out all animals in the world while your at it. What has a person like you, that hates dogs in a pet and animal forum then?? Hilarious !!
    Meanwhile, your kids are probably breaking windows, running in front of cars and throwing their toys all over public roads!
    Next time you go abroad, would you mind leaving your shoes at the airport, we don't like the danger of bringing insects into the country.
    Bet you've never gone for a wee in the pub , when you were bursting either. Why couldn't you do it at home?
    Your suggestion above is just ridiculous!! Ridiculous mentality!!!! Bet you grew up on antibiotics!

bubby, I havent a clue where I got those i'll check them later and see does it say anything on them....prob got them in my local pet shop...but i'll double check, still have a spare packet!!!

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

bubby wrote: »
    Why, do you plan to shove your face in it it something? Why not wipe out all animals in the world while your at it. What has a person like you, that hates dogs in a pet and animal forum then?? Hilarious !!
    Meanwhile, your kids are probably breaking windows, running in front of cars and throwing their toys all over public roads!
    Next time you go abroad, would you mind leaving your shoes at the airport, we don't like the danger of bringing insects into the country.
    Bet you've never gone for a wee in the pub , when you were bursting either. Why couldn't you do it at home?
    Your suggestion above is just ridiculous!! Ridiculous mentality!!!! Bet you grew up on antibiotics!
    [Michael Winner]Calm down dear, it is only an internet forum. [/Michael Winner]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Excellent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

I use nappy sacks to pick up my dog's 'output' ! They are bio-degradable too.
    ValerieR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

I really don't think dog mess causes miscarriage in dogs, I live in the country and work on a farm and have never been told that dog mess is going to cause what you call an 'abortion', which I guess you mean miscarriage? I think that is just one of those myths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

bubby wrote: »
    Okay?? Abusing a dog walker because their dog is poo-ing on the grass outside your house! The grass outside our house is a public area! Its none of his business as long as the mess is cleaned up. IN addition, there is no law to prevent your female dog from pee-ing on grass! It discolours! Well, the grass on the green area outside our house is destroyed by the neighbouring kids playing hurley. I'm not off yelling at their parents. It will grow back!

OP, sounds like you met one hell of an ignorant twit on your dog walk! You should have just said "Okay - lets call the guards here and now, becuase I'd like to report you for verbal abuse. I'd advise you to stop harassing me while I clean up after my dog."

He's probably someone who has had his garden shat in over and over again by one of the many dogs wandering around with no lead and no owners accompanying them. They are the ones that give dogs a bad name. Those are the dog owners that need to cop on.

Now that's an approach I would agree with in the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I have this happens to me a fair bit. Once when my dogs were pups I was walking them to the park when they got spooked by some traffic noise and scrambled and I ended up with their leads wrapped around my legs. I stopped and was getting them to sit so I could unravel the leads when the door of the house we were outside opened and a woman came out screaming at me.

She was screaming and screaming about how she was sick of dog owners leaving their dog's **** outside her gate all the time. I was so annoyed because my dogs weren't going to the toilet, they were just tangled. They might have been pups but they were taught right from the beginning not to go to the toilet on pavement and I always pick it up anyway.
    :mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement