Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinion Polls

• 16-05-2008 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

Have you ever been contacted to participate in an Option Poll.. or are they made up??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Opinion polls have shown that 90% of opinion polls are made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Poll?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

lucylu wrote: »
    Have you ever been contacted to participate in an Option Poll.. or are they made up??

Yup.

I am also frequently stopped on the corner of Abbey St and O connell St to participate in taste tests for various alcoholic drink manufacturers. I told them breó sucked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

my friend used to do em, she made me do about 200 of them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A mate and me were stopped outside Bruxelles one day and asked if we want a couple of beers and a do quick opinion survey. We were raging because we actually were in a rush and couldn't participate. :(

Can't remember participating in any since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

People call to our house maybe twic a year, and they ask for someone within a certain age group..
    Once i did a survey for the JNLR. even though i told her i work for a radio station, she said it didnt matter, but i though surely it did..but i did it anyway, Our station came out top again that yr..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

Never been stopped to do an opinion poll but I was stopped one day to test ice cream. Got free ice cream and 10 euro for doing it, that was a good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I've never done a political opinion poll, but I did a JNLR one, and have done various taste tests etc.

The political polls really bug me, the media make a big deal of 2% drops or increases, even though it says in the "small print" that the error is +/- 3% or whatever...so a 2% drop or increase is meaningless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

always

was asked to participate in an argos one last weekend too

I know one person who ever has and that was because an old college friend was the poller.
    He bullied everyone in his phonebook into helping him out.
    He tended to make up the details too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement