Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Se Asia Vaccinations

• 16-05-2008 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I was talking to my doctor about vaccinations and she wasnt sure if i will need a vaccination for yellow fever along with the others. anyone know if this vaccination is necessary?? also is the vaccination for rabies necessary she didnt seem to think it was too important as long as i stay well away from dogs...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

yellow fevers not needed and rabies is a waste of money, it just gives you an extra day or so to get to hospital if you get bitten.
    try the tmb if your unsure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Tropical Medical Bureau is the one stop shop for all vaccinations.

I know before i left i was dubious about the amount of jabs needed and thought maybe it was all a money racket but have certainly changed my mind.

Not 100% about not getting yellow fever vac - id go for it as for the rabies, why not, its only a few quid for peace of mind :) and i did get scratched by a monkey

Also had a friend that went down badly with Dengue Fever so make sure to use a mosquito repellent (a good one) in all rural areas

As for Malaria Tablets - Larium gets a lot of bad press but i found it grand and effective. GF took Malarone - no side effects either but Doxycyclone and they caused hair loss and mood swings

Enjoy the trip and dont get too paranoid about the jabs but better safe than sorry, i reckon

Advertisement