Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What suppliments to take

Options
  • 16-05-2008 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

My favourite weight-gaining supplement is B-R. It's a high-energy, high-jinks stimulo-depressant available under brandnames such as GINN-S, SMIDDEX, and MILL-R. Consumed in half-litre quantities, B-R adds weight, girth and, most of all, heft. Some users even report increased IQ (although these reports are unconfirmed...)
    sgross75 wrote: »
    I took up cycling over a year a go to get to work in Sandyford.....Not only am I getting to work quicker :rolleyes: than when I drove, I am in better shape.

The thing is that the wife is moaning that I am wasting away ( i have lost 10kgs) with all the cycling that I am doing to get to work and my weekend rides(cycling that is).

I want to know of suppliments to help bulk me a bit but also give me more strength.......

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The thing is that the wife is moaning that I am wasting away ( i have lost 10kgs) with all the cycling that I am doing to get to work and my weekend rides(cycling that is).

Tell your wife that she's imaginging things and that cycling is crap for losing weight and that if you really wanted to drop a few pounds you'd be training for a marathon instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Tell your wife you expect dinner on the table when you get home from work!
    Oh and to make sandwiches for your lunch too. Hell, you want breakfast served to you too

You eat more and she got what she wanted. Sorted! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

.:)

Smart move

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

If you are actually serious you want to look at some upper body stuff (for which cycling does nothing) which can range between swimming at one end and obviously weight training. Eat appropriately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

el tonto wrote: »
    Tell your wife that she's imaginging things and that cycling is crap for losing weight and that if you really wanted to drop a few pounds you'd be training for a marathon instead.

That's an epic thread. Think I might stop cycling to work and start running in. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

If you are serious... lift weights and get plenty of protein, I reckon its better to get it naturally, but if you are going for supplements get big brand names. A lot of that stuff is churned out in a cement mixer somewhere and can have anything in it.

Apart from that, I don't see the problem. You are whatever weight is natural for you right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

I wouldn't go for supplements. I've known a couple of guys on creatine etc, and they were all mentalists. Too much testosterone, too much looking in the mirror. I think they're kinda dangerous to one's mental health tbh.

There's lots of nutritional/supplement discussion over on the martial arts forum.
    And there's some knowledgeable heads there, they might know more about how to bulk up than the cyclists here. I learned about the Paleo diet there. It intrigues me, but sadly I don't have the money to eat like a caveman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I learned about the Paleo diet there. It intrigues me, but sadly I don't have the money to eat like a caveman.

But you don't need money - just a spear and maybe some rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

There's lots of nutritional/supplement discussion over on the martial arts forum. And there's some knowledgeable heads there, they might know more about how to bulk up than the cyclists here.
    This is true, after all "bulking up" is pretty much the opposite to what most cyclists want to do. Swimming will tone, rather than "bulk up" your upper half and helped eliminate arm aching which I used to get on long cycles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

a lot of cyclists are doing great on ,human growth hormone,insulin like growth factor,testosterone,epi-testosterone,etc. etc.:eek:

but if your not serious about it some upper body weights and add a protein shake to your diet and you should be fine;)
    Bryan

Advertisement