Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Music Theory for Beginners

Options
  • 16-05-2008 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a Music Theory Book ,CD or DVD for absolute beginner for Piano

Any Recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

hey i dont know if this is much help but the theory book i see most people using is a pink one..........i think its called something like the AB guide to music theory.....its pink anyway!(the 1st part anyway!)....its good if your going on to do exams and that.......i dont know if it gets overly complicated just for the piano!it also depends on the age required....if its a young person you have to be carefull how to teach theory!maybe try the work books that run alongside the ab book...

if its just simply for piano im sure theres lots of piano for beginners books out there!i cant recomend any because i dont play the piano!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Get this:

http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/011042/details.html

There's a good few follow-on books in the series too. Well worth it.

Advertisement