Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda dealer experience Dusseldorf Germany

Options
  • 16-05-2008 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭

Was driving to Dusseldorf last week on thursday, was doing around 110 mp/h on the autobahn and debris on the road went under the car (was a piece of a blown tyre i think). Thought nothing off it, but when i got to Dusseldorf I went over a speed bump and heard and awful scraping noise.

Got out and had a look, turns out the plastic sump cover had fallen down and was centimetres off the ground ! Couldn't remove it as didn't have a screwdriver on me. Drove to the hotel (about two minutes away) with the intention of buying some tools that evening and sorting it out in the morning.

Next morning came, got up, went out and removed the sump cover... turns out it was much worse, the frikkin sump cover had pushed up into the alternator belt and it had burned away 3 quarters of it. Looked like the alternator was being driven by a set of melted knickers.

Called my companies office and they called the local Skoda dealership. Drove over hoping the thing wouldn't break, got there.

Went in, talked to a guy in the repairs department, he came out, looked at it. Price was 58 euros for a new belt + labour. Said, yep, no problem, just give me the keys. Brought me to the lounge and got a coffee and newspaper. Had my coffee, went out for a smoke and came back.

Guy came back, car done and outside waiting for me.

The whole thing took less than 20 minutes.

Then my Maestro card wouldn't work .. Argh .. so i was going to leave the car there and go to an ATM. Nope.. they got one of the staff to give me a lift to an ATM in a Felicia rally car :D

Anyways,
    I was really surprised at the service, compared to my experience of Irish Dealerships, which are usually quite useless ... especially any VW dealership i've been to.

So if your stuck around Dusseldorf and you need parts in stock and quick service, use this crowd:
    http://centrum-duesseldorf.skoda-auto.de/

If i didn't get my car fixed that day, i would have had to either rent a car and drive back to the netherlands or get the train up and back down again to pick it up !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Do they do Audi, too? My brother lives in D-Dorf, and he finds garages mad expensive, even by our standards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The whole Etho's and culture of the irish car retailer stinks here.....one of the primary reasons I left the biz.
    On the continent - the customer is important - here, they are a host to be leeched upon - and I'm not kidding you - I had a sales director using that term in a sales meeting - he said "view them as hosts and our job is to suck them dry!"
    Awful, awful industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Fey! wrote: »
    Do they do Audi, too? My brother lives in D-Dorf, and he finds garages mad expensive, even by our standards!

Don't know.. but for some reason all the garages are in the same place :)

http://www.automeile-hoeherweg.com/marken.html

Advertisement