Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Resetting Ford Radio

Options
  • 16-05-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have a 2006 Ford Focus with the Bluetooth radio with voice commands. The Bluetooth and voice commands just stopped work one day and I heard that if I was to remove some fuses and replace them (resetting the radio) the features would return. To do this I need the radio security code.
    Does anybody know anything about this or how to get the radio code?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was the stereo included when you bought the car? Did you ring the dealer? Sometimes they will have these codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

It should be either inside the front cover of the manual for the radio, or somewhere in your manual.

If you don't have the manual you need to get the serial number off the radio (by getting the removal tool to pull the unit out of the console) and google-ise your radio model until you find a tool online to get the code.

Alternatively you could go to your local ford dealer and they'll sort it out for a fee.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It's fuse 83 for the bluetooth and fuse 58 for the radio
    Both in the passenger footwell.
    Will post more details when I get home - dont have all here in work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Send me the serial number and I'll get you the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

it costs 15 to get the code from a ford dealer if the car wasnt bought there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Frank11 wrote: »
    Does anybody know anything about this or how to get the radio code?
    Thanks.

Ring the Dealer where it was bought and give them the Reg and VIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Frank11

thanks for the replies. i'll spend the €15 to get the codeds and then start messing with the fuses.
    i got a cool new mp3/4 player with bluetooth (http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/Samsung.83/YP-P2JEB_XEU/Samsung_YP-P2_16GB_Bluetooth_Portable_Media_Player.3133.html)that i want to connect to the radio instead of paying ford €460 for an mp3 radio (and thats without fitting!!)

Cheers.

Advertisement