Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accomadation

Options
  • 16-05-2008 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Did anyone see the article in the Evening Herald about 400 DIT students moving into the Gasworks apartments in Dublin 4. Well the local residents who paid up to E1 million for their aprtments are not impressed to be living beside a bunch of noisy students. Have a look at their message board here:
    http://www.gasworks-residents.ie/index.php?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

according to DIT newsroom, the gasworks appartments were OFFICIALLY reserved for students of DIT, so the local residents should learn how to deal with it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

I'm going to troll the shit out of that messageboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

basically it says there going to bi*ch and moan everytime someone makes a thiny bit of noise and complain to the garda every time as well .

they are also looking appeal this to An Bord Pleanala , and maybe taking a civil case against the developer

because in there eyes they all bought into and exclusive development and paid the price for that. and now the thought of living with some students is like a nightmare to them. i swear you think it was going to be a leper colony.

well this is what will happen they will moan but it will be pointless, the students will move in . And the people living there will be piss*d that their exclusive development wont be the same and take out there anger on the student , sorry to jump to conclusions , but i just have a feeling there will end up being an unwelcoming atmosphere for the students , i really hope i am wrong but doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

Irish snobs LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

"an unwelcoming atmosphere for the students" from the people who've bought houses in the development! Yeah, cos usually normal people are delighted when students move next door??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wish i could afford to live there as a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i can't afford to live anywhere other than home.

i'm on work placement at the moment and sure i'd be able to afford it now but i wouldn't have enough to keep me going through a full college year. i'd have to use the majority of my earnings from work placement just to pay for the rent, then there are other expenses like food and drink and capatation fee as well.

i know accomodation isn't cheap in dublin but sometimes i wonder how students can afford to live in apartments in town.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Irish snobs LOL
    haha so true lol, and lol @ their community board

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Sir Molle wrote: »
    I'm going to troll the shit out of that messageboard.

LOL!

Something like:
    Gasworks-residents: Threads in Forum : New Neighbours

JoeyB; Alrite, Me and da ladz ar moving in on September and I thought I'd just post ta say hi.We ar DIT students wit interests in Rave Music, Insomnia, Vandalisms and over consumption of alcohol.
    We are a honest bunch wit every conviction against us a mistake by the pigs ( i swear dere out ta get us!) and we don’t do heavy drugs, every day.
    We don't hav da long term girlfriends as we find it hurd to juggle them wit da Study(*cough*) and casual sex buddies, whom are dogging at best( ya still wud do), so expect sum Wall banging.
    We will probably have a get-ta-gether in City Bar around August, which your all invited ta where we can get to know each over beer, lines and sum rave.
    Keep on crackin...
    Joe

Ah if only......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

i mean really i dont know what they are going on about its not like the residents are going to be living with trinity students or something **** like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Mr.S wrote: »
    150e a week? thats about what you pay for a crappy bed sit in rathmines!

You are aware that it is €150pw per person sharing a twin room?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

rightio watch what ya say here lads...

that mcdonagh lad is some wally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GrrrlRiot

So where abouts are most people going to DIT living anyway? I'll be in the Bolton St. campus so it's probably going to cost me a fortune living anywhere near that - thank f^^^ for rent allowance is all I can say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Hold up a second?

People have paid 1 million for a nice place to live, and now students are getting to live among them? That's bang out of order. I'd be disgusted if I were them. Let's face it, students can be the most ignorant of tenants.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

GrrrlRiot wrote: »
    So where abouts are most people going to DIT living anyway? I'll be in the Bolton St. campus so it's probably going to cost me a fortune living anywhere near that - thank f^^^ for rent allowance is all I can say!

friends from bolton stayed on stonebatter, some lovely student accom there, not too far away either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

resurected!!

man i would love to live there! how do you get in? as a student that will be renting in dublin, coming from cloyne in cork

Advertisement