Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we be branded?

Options
  • 16-05-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hey. I was just thinking, all the members of boards.ie should be issued with some boards merchandise like a wristband or something. So if u see someone else wearing em you'd know they were a fellow boardsie. Could be the start of some beautiful relationships. :D
    (I think being branded with a tattoo across the forehead mite be going a bit far.)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

phi3 wrote: »
    Hey. I was just thinking, all the members of boards.ie should be issued with some boards merchandise like a wristband or something. So if u see someone else wearing em you'd know they were a fellow boardsie. Could be the start of some beautiful relationships. :D
    (I think being branded with a tattoo across the forehead mite be going a bit far.)

You paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I actually like that idea but i'd only give them out after either a serious number of posts or obvious contributions

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Done it myself on another forum I used to admin. Went through cafepress.com and earned a lot more cash then we did from member donations. No need for this to be free. I'd gladly pay for a Bordsie Badge.

+1 but there's probably a reason why this hasn't been done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sherifu wrote: »

Ahh, knew it had been done before :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

It did happen before afaik.

None that say "STAFF" is huge ****-off letters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Wow... Didnt know about that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Can we get the Cloud shirt in underwear form?

Just to make him really uncomfortable?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Z

lol "superman wears Regi pyjamas" pyjamas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

That was a well kept secret :D

phi3 wrote: »
    That was a well kept secret :D
    Well only the templars, the priory of sion and google knew about it. That's what I heard anyway. Keep it under your hat. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You can usually spot boardsies readily enough,the ponytail,thick glasses and haunted,hungry look is a dead giveaway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Degsy wrote: »
    You can usually spot boardsies readily enough,the ponytail,thick glasses and haunted,hungry look is a dead giveaway.

Ironing_Board.jpg

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

A bit... a bit like... like your avatar?

Edit:

I like this:
    Devpants-1.jpg

Daz whites. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It would be cool if they were like merit badges in the boy scouts.

I got this one for reporting over 100 posts, I got this one for ratting people out to sigpo and I got this one for getting a 'yore ma' post in After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Can we get the Cloud shirt in underwear form?

Just to make him really uncomfortable?:D
    Aye ... coz it would be Cloud who would have the issues in that scenario ... O_o

I got this one for reporting over 100 posts, I got this one for ratting people out to sigpo and I got this one for getting a 'yore ma' post in After Hours.
    Sounds more like a wall of shame .. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i fully support this idea/product

to the feature requests! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Its something we are looking into, but we are also looking at a bit of a redesign at the moment so dont go mad just yet... :)..

V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

If anyone out there is doing merchandising and can compete well with the international sites, let me know too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Don't forget the rucksack.

Funnily enough, there was a thread not so long ago about Quiznos and how great their Honey Bacon Mesquite roll was.

I swear to Holy Jebus that every lunchtime when I passed the Quiznos in the Stephen's Green Shopping centre that there was a queue of people as described above by Degsy. I noticed the phenomenon lasted for about three weeks.

I'm all for the branding idea myself. How about a little Fáinne-type 'B' badge, or perhaps even a secret-handshake?

...or how about when you stand next to a guy at a public urinal, to indicate your membership, you look at him, give him a little wink and ask him 'are you one of us?'.

I may have long hair, thick glasses and a haunted look...

But I sure as hell don't have a pony tale...

I am pretty hungry though as I have yet to have dinner.

I once had the misfortune of going to the cinema with Blitzkrieg... and he insisted on shouting out Atari Jaguar in the cinema before the film started as he reckoned there must be some boardsies in the theatre...

Sure enough someone did post up the next day about someone shouting it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

hah, quite like this tbh

jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazoxMjZfRl9jNC5qcGd8bG9hZD1MMSxodHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLmNhZmVwcmVzcy5jb20vaW1hZ2UvNzkyNTIwNl80MDB4NDAwLmpwZ3x8c2NhbGU9TDEsMTcwLDY0LFdoaXRlfGNvbXBvc2U9YmxhbmssTDEsQWRkLDE1NywxMDF8Y3A9cmVzdWx0LGJsYW5rfHNjYWxlPXJlc3VsdCwwLDQ4MCxXaGl0ZXxjb21wcmVzc2lvbj05NXw=

Nah, but The_Rigger has lots of them if you need one.

Most of them are x-rated though ...

haha... I see what you did there...

O_o

Eyes above the waist, please, dude!! :mad:

Note to self: quit messing about on boards and FO and get some FOOD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

hah, quite like this tbh

jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazoxMjZfRl9jNC5qcGd8bG9hZD1MMSxodHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLmNhZmVwcmVzcy5jb20vaW1hZ2UvNzkyNTIwNl80MDB4NDAwLmpwZ3x8c2NhbGU9TDEsMTcwLDY0LFdoaXRlfGNvbXBvc2U9YmxhbmssTDEsQWRkLDE1NywxMDF8Y3A9cmVzdWx0LGJsYW5rfHNjYWxlPXJlc3VsdCwwLDQ4MCxXaGl0ZXxjb21wcmVzc2lvbj05NXw=
    does it come in black/cloud skin :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I am pretty hungry though as I have yet to have dinner.

I once had the misfortune of going to the cinema with Blitzkrieg... and he insisted on shouting out Atari Jaguar in the cinema before the film started as he reckoned there must be some boardsies in the theatre...

Sure enough someone did post up the next day about someone shouting it out...

LMFAO! :pac:

Advertisement