Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread in Soccer Access Requests Deleted

Options
  • 16-05-2008 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I don't think that was necessary and I would ask you to undelete it.

It may have said some things you didn't agree with or like to see but I'm as entitled to have my say as any other registered poster on the site.

Who are you trying to protect when you go about burning books like that?

Here is the post:
    Can somebody explain to me why on earth this is necessary?

What incentive are you giving people who would like to discuss football and have a bit of a laugh and a chat?

You know it's a football forum, yes? As far as I'm aware there aren't any Vatican secrets to be disclosed on there.

Fifty posts before you can talk about football? After a month? Why would anyone want to do that? And they'll be banned for a month if they don't follow the protocol? It sounds like communist Russia.

In a time when football is being taken away from the working man and becoming less inclusive, people are being told they can't even discuss it without joining some private members' club and having to prostrate themselves before some pontificating mods before they can get in.

Even in today's day and age, getting a mortgage is less of an effort.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

:rolleyes:

We're not in the business of giving free advertising to other sites.

That's why your thread was deleted.

Moved to feedback.

If you have opinions on the Soccer Access mechanism, feel free to speak them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I don't think that was necessary and I would ask you to undelete it.

It may have said some things you didn't agree with or like to see but I'm as entitled to have my say as any other registered poster on the site.

Who are you trying to protect when you go about burning books like that?
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Ahhh Context free feedback requests...

The best kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

seamus wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

We're not in the business of giving free advertising to other sites.

Lord knows their site needs it.

I've edited the thread title to include context and be fair to the OP because I was the one who removed the context in the first place :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You have no entitlements here sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Le_Roi_Eric

I've edited the thread title to include context and be fair to the OP because I was the one who removed the context in the first place :)
    Take the name of the website out of the post and its contents are still relevant.

Just giving an option to the people you are banning and turning away from your own site.

The contents aren't relevant to the forum that you posted them in. Feel free to repost it in this thread without the link.

People very much have options:

1. Follow the process, post about soccer.
    2. Don't follow the process, don't post about soccer.

The contents aren't relevant to the forum that you posted them in. Feel free to repost it in this thread without the link.

People very much have options:

1. Follow the process, post about soccer.
    2. Don't follow the process, don't post about soccer.

I don't have the original post anymore, you deleted it unfortunately.

And what fantastic options they are, thank goodness for the internet, where anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

And aren't we all the poorer for that :p

• Advertisement

And what fantastic options they are, thank goodness for the internet, where anything is possible.
    Incorrect, I deleted it. And I banned some of your mates too. If you want to use boards as a discussion forum: fine, if you want to use boards to pimp other websites then f*ck off and stick to your own site. Thanks.

I don't have the original post anymore
    I've added it to the first post in this thread.

Now, please continue.

If soccer fans weren't all such a bunch of children, none of this would be necessary. You and your mates quite beautifully illustrated this childishness.

If you can provide solid evidence that an open forum doesn't just descend into name calling and posts such as "Man U FTW LOL", you may have a point.

Boards.ie has 154,000 members. Half of them probably like soccer. So that 77,000 people. 90% of soccer fans act like children when the topic comes up. This is scientifically proven. So that's 69,300 potential children posting on a single forum. Far too many to just ban the people acting the maggot.

Gordon wrote: »
    Incorrect, I deleted it. And I banned some of your mates too. If you want to use boards as a discussion forum: fine, if you want to use boards to pimp other websites then f*ck off and stick to your own site. Thanks.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Gordo.

And I'd like to think we can discuss things with each other without having to resort to obscenities.

I'm sure a lot people are frustrated and disillusioned after looking for somewhere to discuss football, like the guy who was almost bounced because he only had 48 posts, to be told "You didn't read the charter".

Take a step back and think about how farcical it looks from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Some seriously trolling here by the OP, bannage and thread closue is needed here.

I've added it to the first post in this thread.

Now, please continue.

If soccer fans weren't all such a bunch of children, none of this would be necessary. You and your mates quite beautifully illustrated this childishness.

Seamus, don't blame me for what other people have written.

If you want to talk about childish posts I've made myself, fine.

And I'd like to think we can discuss things with each other without having to resort to obscenities.

I'm sure a lot people are frustrated and disillusioned after looking for somewhere to discuss football, like the guy who was almost bounced because he only had 48 posts, to be told "You didn't read the charter".

Read up on why this has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

Is not mentioning other sites a rule?
    My request is still pending and I don't want to be banned for mentioning one.

Can we mention video sites like Youtube that have football clips?
    Or is it just football sites that are banned?

Thanks

Read up on why this has happened.

Have done.

Cruijff wrote: »
    Some seriously trolling here by the OP, bannage and thread closue is needed here.

Why?

Seamus, don't blame me for what other people have written.

If you want to talk about childish posts I've made myself, fine.
    In post #38 of the thread you are discussing on the forum you frequent - you are telling people to "get on this" - the thread you created advertising the site you frequent.

• Advertisement

Have done.
    And?

Is not mentioning other sites a rule?
    My request is still pending and I don't want to be banned for mentioning one.

Can we mention video sites like Youtube that have football clips?
    Or is it just football sites that are banned?

Thanks
    You are perfectly welcome to mention sites, you are not welcome to pimp or advertise other sites.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Nope, looks fine to me. Rules made, Rules enforced. discussion forum works fine. Try BBC 606 if you want a free for all. Its gets tiresome after about 5 minutes...

Boards.ie has 154,000 members. Half of them probably like soccer. So that 77,000 people. 90% of soccer fans act like children when the topic comes up. This is scientifically proven. So that's 69,300 potential children posting on a single forum. Far too many to just ban the people acting the maggot.

I can sympathise with you on this, it's difficult, but it's not impossible.

Aside from anything else, live and let live.

If you're going to have a football forum, it will be full of football fans, and being a football fan is by its very nature about slagging and namecalling, it's the language of the terrace.

If you want to end up with a sanitised, posing forum resembling something like Sky Sport's Sunday Supplement, this is a good way of going about it.

Some of the best forums I've been on have twats on them. You can ignore them if you want, it's pretty easy.

Some of the best forums I've been on have twats on them. You can ignore them if you want, it's pretty easy.

Thankfully this forum discovered some this morning, and deleted their posts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hi there Le_Roi_Eric. Boards.ie's Soccer forum has been running well for a number of years under the admins' direction without your contributions. I like it, so do most of the other soccer forum users. If you want to use it, then you have to abide by the rules, if you don't there are plenty of other forums out there, go use them.

As for the thread on your the other soccer forum; it's pretty pathetic to be honest.

I can sympathise with you on this, it's difficult, but it's not impossible.
    It's not worth the effort, that's what it is.

Unless you're willing to stump up some cash to pay someone to monitor the thing full time, then you can have 200 volunteer mods and you'd still be pissing against the wind.

Hi there Le_Roi_Eric. Boards.ie's Soccer forum has been running well for a number of years under the admins' direction without your contributions. I like it, so do most of the other soccer forum users. If you want to use it, then you have to abide by the rules, if you don't there are plenty of other forums out there, go use them.

As for the thread on your the other soccer forum; it's pretty pathetic to be honest.

That's great.

Bully for you all.

He knows all about other ones, and the type of juvenile twatology that goes on in them.

link please?

(PM Please, son't want to be giving these fúckwits any more free advertisement)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Here ya go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement