Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread in Soccer Access Requests Deleted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

seamus wrote: »
    It's not worth the effort, that's what it is.

Unless you're willing to stump up some cash to pay someone to monitor the thing full time, then you can have 200 volunteer mods and you'd still be pissing against the wind.

200 Mods on a forum would lead to chaos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cheers.

Wow, how pathetic are people?

Toys out of prams I think.

Gordon wrote: »
    In post #38 of the thread you are discussing on the forum you frequent - you are telling people to "get on this" - the thread you created advertising the site you frequent.

And he still hasn't addressed this particular piece of numbnuttery.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

lazyboy2-large.jpg

popcorn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Le_Roi_Eric

In post #38 of the thread you are discussing on the forum you frequent - you are telling people to "get on this" - the thread you created advertising the site you frequent.

And?

I don't tell people what to write or how to write it.

Perhaps, if they'd followed my example rather than a different angle, they wouldn't be banned now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ringo Gringo

So what is the point of having to reach the 50 post mark? Do you suddenly become imbued with the essence of boards.ie?

There's been a degree of mud-slinging about other sites yet there are posts that are permitted on boards.ie that are more worthy of ridicule on the grounds of stupidity.

I can appreciate the deletion of offensive remarks but I don't see the point in having to post 50 times just to be permitted to post about soccer. Doesn't that encourage people posting token posts just to hit the mark?

Which one of the banned twats are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

And?

I don't tell people what to write or how to write it.

Perhaps, if they'd followed my example rather than a different angle, they wouldn't be banned now.
    Perhaps if you hadn't spammed your forum you wouldn't be on the edge of being banned right now also.
    So what is the point of having to reach the 50 post mark? Do you suddenly become imbued with the essence of boards.ie?

There's been a degree of mud-slinging about other sites yet there are posts that are permitted on boards.ie that are more worthy of ridicule on the grounds of stupidity.

I can appreciate the deletion of offensive remarks but I don't see the point in having to post 50 times just to be permitted to post about soccer. Doesn't that encourage people posting token posts just to hit the mark?
    "Jap Sigh": read up on the history of the soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Doesn't that encourage people posting token posts just to hit the mark?
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It doesn't seem to. It's easy to clock up fifty posts in month without token posting. It's less than two per day. The month rule prevents people spamming just to hit fifty posts. And the fifty posts rule discourages people registering new accounts to get around their ban.

• Advertisement

Perhaps if you hadn't spammed your forum you wouldn't be on the edge of being banned right now also.

"Jap Sigh": read up on the history of the soccer forum.
    Is there not a short logical answer that doesn't involve me wasting copious amounts of time?

I'm not trying to be facetious but you seem to have a set against me for questioning it.

Sherifu wrote: »
    We take our soccer seriously here
    I'm not questioning that.

I've been on other forums where people have dipped in and out on occasion and added interesting posts that promoted a lot of discussion. They can't hit 50 posts because they don't have the access or other fundamental reasons. Yet they would be worthy additions to any football forum.

Maybe, but it would be fighting a good fight for all the disenfranchised.

Do you seriously not mention any other websites on here?

F365? Rivals? PLB? The Fantasy League website?

Why the taboo?

I'm not making money from it.

Is there not a short logical answer that doesn't involve me wasting copious amounts of time?
    User spends time : Investment : Forum profits.

I take your comment to mean that we should spend our time educating you? No, it doesn't work like that, I have personally wasted enough time clearing up your mess today.
    Do you seriously not mention any other websites on here?
    I commented on that earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Christ Brian, can you not just accept that this hugely popular site knows what its doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

I'm not trying to be facetious but you seem to have a set against me for questioning it.

Its always the way.

Questioning the soccer forum is taboo, don't you know. Don't worry, you're only new, it'll all become clear once you've posted 50 times. ;)

raido9 wrote: »
    Its always the way.

Questioning the soccer forum is taboo, don't you know. Don't worry, you're only new, it'll all become clear once you've posted 50 times. ;)

Is it worth it?

When you get in there, you know?

What's it like?

I can only speculate but I imagine the banter to be red-hot.

raido9 wrote: »
    Its always the way.

Is there a special language as well?

Newspeak, perhaps?

Is it worth it?

When you get in there, you know?

What's it like?

I can only speculate but I imagine the banter to be red-hot.
    Read the ****ing thing. Anyone can. You only need to apply to post. Reading is free. ;)

I commented on that earlier.

I don't think it was advertising or pimping, both cases suggest that I have some sort of product from which I stand to make some sort of benefit.

Just letting people know they have somewhere to come in, from out in the cold.

God only knows to where they might turn from the door which has been closed so callousley in their faces.

• Advertisement

I don't think it was advertising or pimping
    I do.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Read the ****ing thing. Anyone can. You only need to apply to post. Reading is free. ;)

You want me to stand at the shop-window, staring at the cakes and pastries, smelling them, breathing their enticing aromas in deep and exhaling longingly but not to taste?

Not for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

not_again_cat.jpg

:eek:

I do.

Gordon, you and I are very different people.

You want me to stand at the shop-window, staring at the cakes and pastries, smelling them, breathing their enticing aromas in deep and exhaling longingly but not to taste?

Not for me.
    Your call.

Gordon, you and I are very different people.
    I feel like I'm being jilted at the alter. Oh well, maybe it's for the best.

Do you always operate with such a pleasant attitude?

I feel like I'm being jilted at the alter. Oh well, maybe it's for the best.
    We'll never know.

It could have been beautiful.

Do you always operate with such a pleasant attitude?

Not always, Gringo, but I'm in a good mood today.

• Advertisement

Not always, Gringo, but I'm in a good mood today.
    I was talking to Gordon but thanks all the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement