Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread in Soccer Access Requests Deleted

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Do you always operate with such a pleasant attitude?
    Do you always act so childishly and throw your toys out of your pwam when you can't get your own way.

Furthermore, do you think the rules of this website will be changed to suit four dimwits who came and started acting like clowns for a morning?

Further furthermore, do you think this hasn't been discussed ad nauseum for the past four years since the Soccer Forum was locked down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Le_Roi_Eric

DesF wrote: »
    Do you always act so childishly and throw your toys out of your pwam when you can't get your own way.

Furthermore, do you think the rules of this website will be changed to suit four dimwits who came and started acting like clowns for a morning?

Further furthermore, do you think this hasn't been discussed ad nauseum for the past four years since the Soccer Forum was locked down?

Des, you need to relax and stop getting so worked up.

Is everything okay?

Everything alright in the F household?

Des, you need to relax and stop getting so worked up.

I could do without the concern from the likes of you.
    Is everything okay?
    No, four numpties starting acting like arseholes this morning.

Everything alright in the F household?

Yep.

I could do without the concern from the likes of you.

No, four numpties starting acting like arseholes this morning.

Yep.
    Very harsh, Desmond.

You're a fine advertisement for your own forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ringo Gringo

I'm being childish by asking some questions about the policy?

Really, Des? I wouldn't mind an explanation on that but I'd ask you to try it without using 'furthermore'. Just to check your verbal dexterity. ;)

I wasn't looking for the rules to be changed. In my humble opinion, they just don;'t seem to make sense. I understand the need to keep out certain posts but that's what moderators are for and the 50 post threshold is no guarantee anyway.

Maybe it was discussed ad nauseum. I wasn't privvy to it so you'll have to excuse me now knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It's times like these that I'm incredibly glad the access rigmarole is in place. This thread is just more proof that it does actually work :)

So, if I was interested in messing in the soccer forum, the 50 post thing would put me off?

I mean I could rack up the 50 posts in time and then start fluting about. So I'm not sure how it's supposed to weed that out to any great degree.

Maybe it just means you're left with dullards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

As you can see I have been here for a year but due to time constraints I haven't posted a lot. I am looking forward to joining the soccer forum and would love to do so now as I am travelling to Moscow on Weds. But the rules are the same for everybody, so no panic I can still read the banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Haven't read the whole thread, so don't know if you've already been directed to the threads in DesF's signature. There have been rules in place (in different forms, there was the sponsor way as well) since then and they've worked fine. There are thousands of other football forums on the internet, if you're so worked up about waiting a month why not just go there? That can tide you over for the month, and if you're still posting on Boards after that then join our one as well.

rednik wrote: »
    As you can see I have been here for a year but due to time constraints I haven't posted a lot. I am looking forward to joining the soccer forum and would love to do so now as I am travelling to Moscow on Weds. But the rules are the same for everybody, so no panic I can still read the banter.

Reading banter is better than no banter at all.

But you know, there are websites out there that you can have your cake and eat it.

You can read the banter and post the banter.

• Advertisement

Reading banter is better than no banter at all.

But you know, there are websites out there that you can have your cake and eat it.

You can read the banter and post the banter.
    Go and use them ones them if you have such a problem with this.

:rolleyes:

Haven't read the whole thread, so don't know if you've already been directed to the threads in DesF's signature. There have been rules in place (in different forms, there was the sponsor way as well) since then and they've worked fine. There are thousands of other football forums on the internet, if you're so worked up about waiting a month why not just go there? That can tide you over for the month, and if you're still posting on Boards after that then join our one as well.
    I'm not saying it doesn't work, to a degree.

I'm just saying that there are probably other ways that would allow it to operate better than it currently does.

So, if I was interested in messing in the soccer forum, the 50 post thing would put me off?

See, if a genuine person takes the time to do the 50 posts thing, they are LESS likely to act the numpty on the forum.

When they do, they are banned.
    I mean I could rack up the 50 posts in time and then start fluting about. So I'm not sure how it's supposed to weed that out to any great degree.

See what you did this morning on the Access forum, that has happened VERY rarely, in fact I can't think of another instance.

Now, the Soccer Forum is free of that kind of muppetry. So I'm glad.

Win/Win
    Maybe it just means you're left with dullards?
    The people who post there like it, and you can see yourself the number of correctly applied Access Requests there are.

It's a good forum, generally free of clowns.

Go and use them ones them if you have such a problem with this.

I am using them, Des.

Thanks though, that's pretty much the point I've been trying to get across since my first post this morning.

See, if a genuine person takes the time to do the 50 posts thing, they are LESS likely to act the numpty on the forum.

When they do, they are banned.
    Can you not just ban them from the outset and delete their posts, as you did this morning?

See what you did this morning on the Access forum, that has happened VERY rarely, in fact I can't think of another instance.

Now, the Soccer Forum is free of that kind of muppetry. So I'm glad.

Win/Win
    Yet, though you flare your nostrils at me, there's every chance I will get to the 50 posts, should I so wish. Then I'd be free to engage in it, if I so wished.

Therein lies the point.

Would you like a Xanax? Sharing is caring, you see.

Can you not just ban them from the outset and delete their posts, as you did this morning?

Too much work, and it wasn't me personally, by the way.

There was extensive muppetry, a lá this morning, on the Soccer Forum, the mods got sick of it, so the owners of the site changed the access rules.

Do you get it yet, because I'm going home in a quarter hour.

Yet, though you flare your nostrils at me, there's every chance I will get to the 50 posts, should I so wish. Then I'd be free to engage in it, if I so wished.

Therein lies the point.
    Should you so wish?

No pal, it's at the discretion of the Mods of Soccer who gains access.

I doubt you will, at any stage tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Probably not when your first thread there included this:
    I would like access to the forum on association football. I understand there's a charter but I'm busy and haven't time to read it. I presume I meet all the criteria, given my riches.

Pal?

You're very aggressive, Des? Are you 'of small stature'?

I daresay I could be granted access. I could register with a webmail address, as crazy an idea as that is.

I hope you're not an indication of the average poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm just saying that there are probably other ways that would allow it to operate better than it currently does.
    If you can come up with one that allows for minimum disruption of the forum and minimum expense to the time of the moderators, we're all ears.

So far, no-one has yet proposed one, and almost everyone seems happy with the current arrangement.

Gordon wrote: »
    Probably not when your first thread there included this:
    I'm sorry, Mr Bronson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm sorry, Mr Bronson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Actually I'm looking forward to eating my cake in Moscow. I'm not a member here long but I think I would rather stay here thanks. This site is by no means perfect but it is certainly above the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Oh dear what a loss to the soccer forum.

If you don't like it then go to one of the "other" wonderful sites you keep talking about.

Rabbiting on here just makes me think you are suffering from OCD and don't know when to let something go :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Obviously those comments are not aimed at rednik who I hope enjoys his time in Moscow and gets back safely.

(there are no Rangers fans over there so he should be fine :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

seamus wrote: »
    90% of soccer fans act like children when the topic comes up. This is scientifically proven.
    O_o

Linkeh?
    seamus wrote: »
    You and your mates quite beautifully illustrated this childishness.
    True, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Given the length of time Rednik has been on boards perhaps a review of his posts could confirm his likely interaction on the forum?

Apart from that Im getting dizzy reading this so closed it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement