Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excommunication

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

[QUOTE=oeb;58048677
    [*]Throwing away or otherwise keeping holy biscuts for 'sacrilegious purpose'
    [/QUOTE]

Sweet. I done that as a joke at my sisters wedding. Saves me the hassle of going through any formal motions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Had I been baptised, I wouldn't bother unless it was some kind of drive by atheists everywhere to show that not every Catholic is in fact Catholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Im seriously considering defecting. I really don't like the idea that the RC church thinks of me as one of their "flock."

I'm a bit worried about the effects though. The burial thing might really upset my parents. As much as I want to emigrate I always thought Id be buried at home, not for any religious reasons, merely sentimental ones. Is a non-religious burial allowed in a church graveyard?

On a positive note, this would convince my family that I am genuinely serious about this whole atheism thing, Im sure they don't really believe me at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

for all the evil it has done in the 'fast' the RCC has done a lot of medicine and science, although its own variation fo medicine and science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

fitz0 wrote: »
    Im seriously considering defecting. I really don't like the idea that the RC church thinks of me as one of their "flock."

I'm a bit worried about the effects though. The burial thing might really upset my parents. As much as I want to emigrate I always thought Id be buried at home, not for any religious reasons, merely sentimental ones. Is a non-religious burial allowed in a church graveyard?

are you planning to die before your parents?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

are you planning to die before your parents?

Not really but theres only church graveyards in Monaghan as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

oeb wrote: »

Patrick Logue from the Times should check his figures ;)

http://www.cso.ie/statistics/popnclassbyreligionandnationality2006.htm

Advertisement