Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High performance car insurance

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thats bollox but the evo is totally blacklisted.

my insurance on the euro r was up yesterday, theyre lookin for 2500.

swappin it for a civic type r hopefully tonight or 2moro night, 1800 with quinn for the civic.

both fully comp, im 25, prov lic 2 years, 2 years no claim bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

I got a quote on an Accord Euro R for 1400 with Quinn. I'm 25, full licence, and 1 yr ncb, 0 penalty points. This is shockingly low considering this thing can do 0-60 well under 7 secs. I'm currently driving a Mazda AZ3 Autozam and the insurance is 1100 and it isn't that fast. It doesn't make sense at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

last year a friend of mine got insured on a 2000 subaru imprezza sti he was 19 at the time on a provisional. he had other cars before this including a twin cam.

when he rang up quinn direct for a quote they said they wouldnt be able to quote him so he rang the irish insurance federation (or somthing like that) and they told him its against the law for an insurance company not to quote and insure you no matter what!!!!

when he rang quinn direct back and said this to them they agreed to quote him and he was insured within the hour.

try it out,it will work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Lads I just read the hole tread about the insurances and high performance cars and i need to ask you about something.

I made on modification on my car about a year ago, but i only decided to report it to the insurance company 2 days ago. The modification is the rear back box and insurance company refused to quote me and said that i d have to change the company because they don't insure modified cars.
    But the thing is that i know one fella who drives a fully modified Glanza with 1.3 turbo engine, and he is insured with Axa.
    And he is not the only one i v seen so many modified cars out there on the road that have Axa insurance disc.

Do you know whether they were telling the truth and is there any way around it?
    Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Bobo78 wrote: »
    Lads I just read the hole tread about the insurances and high performance cars and i need to ask you about something.

I made on modification on my car about a year ago, but i only decided to report it to the insurance company 2 days ago. The modification is the rear back box and insurance company refused to quote me and said that i d have to change the company because they don't insure modified cars.
    But the thing is that i know one fella who drives a fully modified Glanza with 1.3 turbo engine, and he is insured with Axa.
    And he is not the only one i v seen so many modified cars out there on the road that have Axa insurance disc.

Do you know whether they were telling the truth and is there any way around it?
    Thanks lads

its highly unlikely that they have the mods declared, that said they could have but as you've experienced insurance companies dont have a clue and are no good to deal with at all, its highly unlikely your modification is beneficial or changes your car at all but they suddenly wont quote you, thats a joke, its no wonder people dont declare mods

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

evo2er wrote: »
    Got a renewal quote today for 6,950 from Hibernian as a named driver for a 94 Evo II. Iv 6 points but no claims and full licence and have the been insured with them for the last year. It was only 1,800 for it last year and that was with a provisional. I actually taught they made a mistake with the quote, but to my amasement and shock it was right.

I work for hibernian and that price doesn't surprise me at all. A 19 year old was looking to sub an evo a few months ago and the renewal quote was €10k!

Also they start loading your policy once you go over 4 points so that may have been a factor for you aswell.

draffodx wrote: »
    its highly unlikely that they have the mods declared, that said they could have but as you've experienced insurance companies dont have a clue and are no good to deal with at all, its highly unlikely your modification is beneficial or changes your car at all but they suddenly wont quote you, thats a joke, its no wonder people dont declare mods

What do you mean by declaring modifications and is there any way I can check that for sure without contacting Axa because they would just tell me the same thing including the manager.
    Those insurance companies are real ***** they rip you off no matter what.:mad:
    As well do you know whether tinted windows and Lexus lights qualify as modification on a car?

What do you mean by declaring modifications and is there any way I can check that for sure without contacting Axa because they would just tell me the same thing including the manager.
    Those insurance companies are real ***** they rip you off no matter what.:mad:
    As well do you know whether tinted windows and Lexus lights qualify as modification on a car?

declaring mods as in telling the insurance company that they are on the car, you dont have to tell them but if they decide it is modified and you didnt tell them after a crash they may decide not to insure you.

Tints and Lexus Lights would be modifications yes

So basically when someone crashes and has Lexus lights on the car, insurance company would decide that they wont payout for the damages because car had a modified lights.:(:confused::mad:.
    Am I right?

Is there anything i can do relating to them refusing to insure me on a modified back box?
    Such as taking an advice from IIF?
    Because i v seen many modified cars with Axa Insurance disks.

• Advertisement

Is there anything i can do relating to them refusing to insure me on a modified back box?
    Such as taking an advice from IIF?
    Because i v seen many modified cars with Axa Insurance disks.

it would be very harsh of them not to insure you because of lights and tints, technically they could decide not to insure you but in most cases they probably will.

i'd email the iff and ask them for advice on them not insuring you for the modification

I m actually more interested about the rear back box, do they really have a right to refuse me insurance because of the box , and is there anything i can do regarding that?
    Can I complain to the IIF about Axa and then give Axa piece of my mind?
    And is there a chance that they change their mind?
    I ask this because i read somewhere here on this post that insurance company has to insure on your car no matter what?

I m actually more interested about the rear back box, do they really have a right to refuse me insurance because of the box , and is there anything i can do regarding that?
    Can I complain to the IIF about Axa and then give Axa piece of my mind?
    And is there a chance that they change their mind?
    I ask this because i read somewhere here on this post that insurance company has to insure on your car no matter what?

no if you notice when your looking for insurance online you have to agree to some things before you get a quote such as your not disqualified from driving, one of the other things is that the car is not modified from standard, so they are well within there rights to refuse you unfortunately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

My mate has an integra type r and had a civic type r before that and got insurance off this crowd without any hassle when the others wouldnt touch him or gave him a ridiculous quote
    http://www.brittoninsurance.com/index.html

Well actually there is only one thing they can refuse me. I already took out the modified back box and replaced it with the standard one.
    The only other thing I have on the car is Lexus lights, but tinted windows i don't have. Thats what i planned to do on my next car.
    But now will have to see about that:rolleyes:

I heard about this Britons Insurance and they seem alright.
    Almost every 3 days i would look on carzone what car would i like to have and then i would just go and get a quote online and they are fairly cheap.
    Just yesterday i i asked for a quote online for Alfa Romeo 156 with 1.6 engine, and they were asking for 1900 ish euro but within 7 hours later they send me an email were they said after seeing my details they can offer me for 1200 ish euro. Thats with 2 years no claim bonus and 20 years of age.
    Which is less then i m paying now on 1.4 engine with Axa.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

hear my story lads:
    first insurance here in ireland:

i was 21, no claim bonus, full europeon Driving l. ( same as full B ),Girlfriend named driver (full B,24year) :
    car: pegeot 406 00' 1.8
    AXA: 1900eu
    Quin direct: 3800eu

Now i am 22, 1 no claim bonus, and i changed mine car to MB clk200 00' 2.0l ( mine GF is named driver aswell)

AXA: we wount insure you, becouse you dont have 30 years :confused:
    Quin direct: 1290eu - thank you ;)

Thought i asked how much it will cost me to insure mine old 406 in quinn direct, they said: 1600eu! I was like: " 406 is 1.8l and its value 5 times less then CLK200, why bigger insurance?!

Answer: our system it counted like that...

So think is: some insurances working with first time drivers, athers with female drivers, athers: who have loads of NCB. So there is no 1 best insurance or 1 worse insurance, its just you need to get in the spot you belong to :D.

p.s. hoping in next year, after i get 1 more NCB, to try insure s14/s15 or scooby.

Advertisement