Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tulla Road Chaos

• 16-05-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

The recent closure of the Tulla Road in Ennis (R352) at the railway bridge has caused absolute chaos around the town . I agree that the reconstruction of the bridge is completely necessary. I live in the Tulla Road and ended up doing a 12 km diversion (via bypass and Barefield) last evening and will end up doing similar bypass diversions for the next few weeks.
    Yuo can forget doing the Gaurus/Quin Road route it is just crazy .....queues to turn at crossroads etc.

That issue aside the rest of the road is a disgrace

I refer to Roslevan "MAZE - that will eventually be a Roundabout" and the collection of traffic cones that exists there. Work seems to have halted here .

Also further out near the by pass more traffic cones and no work at all been carried out also

When is this all going to end ??? and a few electronic signs would be in order also for night time etc..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Tulla Road is closed? Thanks for letting me know. It's my only access to Ennis from East Clare, though only for shopping once in a while. Can as well go to Galway now.

Checked on CoCo website:
    Due to major upgrade of the Corrovorrin Railway Bridge and the Foul Sewer infrastructure at this location the R352 Tulla Road, Ennis, will have a full road closure for the period of 22 days from the 12th May, 2008 to the 2nd June, 2008 inclusive. For the subsequent 25 days from 3rd June, 2008 to the 27th June, 2008 inclusive a single lane closure will apply daily between the hours of 10.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. Full pedestrian access will be maintained at all times during the planned closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

romah wrote: »
    The recent closure of the Tulla Road in Ennis (R352) at the railway bridge has caused absolute chaos around the town . I agree that the reconstruction of the bridge is completely necessary. I live in the Tulla Road and ended up doing a 12 km diversion (via bypass and Barefield) last evening and will end up doing similar bypass diversions for the next few weeks.
    Yuo can forget doing the Gaurus/Quin Road route it is just crazy .....queues to turn at crossroads etc.

That issue aside the rest of the road is a disgrace

I refer to Roslevan "MAZE - that will eventually be a Roundabout" and the collection of traffic cones that exists there. Work seems to have halted here .

Also further out near the by pass more traffic cones and no work at all been carried out also

When is this all going to end ??? and a few electronic signs would be in order also for night time etc..
    My parents live in Corrovorrin I live in Cappahard my daughter attends the CBS so i end up walking her under the bridge every morning so my Dad can drop her to school
    I have taken up my bike again for short trips into town (first time on a bike in 15 years ouch! :(
    Its just a pain i know it has to be done but in fairness the whole tulla road from the roundabout at the bypass to the Corrovorrin Bridge is one long set of roadworks there was a bad accident at the Roslevan works sunday 2 weeks ago guy hit the new road surface at speed and ended up travelling 200 yds down the road on the roof of the car!
    anyone know when the bypass crowd are going to clean up the road at the bypass end and get rid of the cones?
    and when are the builders going to finally sort out the roundabout at Roslevan?
    I suppose it'll all have to wait til the railway bridge is sorted now :mad:
    As for getting into town forget the quin road its a NIGHTMARE, the bypass is a bit long too, at the Tulla Road/Gaurus cross where you turn right for the Quin Road i've been turning left brings you out near Ballymaley, crap road but about 10mins faster than the Barefield bypass option
    Ah well 1 week down only 2 more to go :(

Anyone seen the new roundabout at the Roslevan? it's a monstrosity, reckon it'll cause more accidents than anything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

You mean it might eventually look like a roundabout..someone please tell clare co council engineers what a roundabout should look like. At the moment it looks like a bomb hit it ...and every time you go by you have a new way to go ...surface of the road is a disgrace as well ..

Which way will i go round today .......

romah wrote: »
    You mean it might eventually look like a roundabout..someone please tell clare co council engineers what a roundabout should look like. At the moment it looks like a bomb hit it ...and every time you go by you have a new way to go ...surface of the road is a disgrace as well ..Which way will i go round today .......

Town engineer was on Clare FM this morning about the railway closure saying that the builders are working til 10pm every night and they can't open the road at night or at weekends cos it would confuse people who are following the diversion signs! Yeah Right! :mad:
    All i can say is that it seems at the moment the whole Tulla Road from the bypass to the Corrovorrin Bridge is one long stretch of roadworks and they had better re-surface and properly mark the road when the do eventually finish, and IMHO the paths are too wide and the road is too narrow at the roslevan "roundabout" and trucks and buses are going to have big problems i can see the whole thing being dug up again in 12 months time after a series of accidents :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

You are all the same people who would be up in arms if someone had had a bad accident at that bridge or if the road surface was terrible on the Tulla road.

If you had all those bypass signs up, yet you were opening the road at certain times you would have chaos.
    On top of that, the contractor could hardly make safe the construction every night in order to open the road - the works would take twice as long!

Work has to be carried out to improve the road, it takes time, put up with it.

Dundhoone wrote: »
    You are all the same people who would be up in arms if someone had had a bad accident at that bridge or if the road surface was terrible on the Tulla road.

If you had all those bypass signs up, yet you were opening the road at certain times you would have chaos.
    On top of that, the contractor could hardly make safe the construction every night in order to open the road - the works would take twice as long!

Work has to be carried out to improve the road, it takes time, put up with it.

Firstly, the road surface on the Tulla Road has been crap for over 2 years at this stage!
    Secondly, having grown up in Corrovorrin i can say without a shadow of a doubt there has not been one serious accident at that bridge in the last 30 years so that's hardly a relevant argument
    The work is being carried out to a) raise the brige, b) provide a pedestrian walkway under the bridge and c) to improve the sewage system on that side of town so please get your facts right
    I have to take a 10 mile round trip 4 times a day at the moment to get my daughter to and from school / creche so i think i am entitled to bitch a little
    I am SURE there are going to be accidents when the Roslevan roundabout is finished it doesn't take Nostradamus to see that one coming!
    I have no choice but to put up with it, but i'm certainly going to bitch about it til Clare Co. Co. / Ennis UDC / Keco Construction / Gama Construction & Iarnrod Eireann get their respective constructions completed there are 5 different companies / organisations involved in roadworks on the Tulla Road at the moment it is total & complete chaos and i'm sick & tired of it already!

angelfire9 wrote: »
    I am SURE there are going to be accidents when the Roslevan roundabout is finished it doesn't take Nostradamus to see that one coming!

Facts eh?

Take a drive through Gort if you want to experience a bad road surface. I agree that there is a section that needs improvement, but 80-90% of that road is a high quality surface.

Yeah six weeks for the bridge is a pain and its ruining the traffic flow in the town - but its necessary work and for what has to be done its a tight time frame.

I assume when you are giving your opinion on the road widths etc you are basing that on your extensive career as an engineer, and when you are delving into that crystal ball on the future accidents its base on your lucrative sideline in astrology.:p

bitch away to your hearts content. I will anti-bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Yeah six weeks for the bridge is a pain and its ruining the traffic flow in the town - but its necessary work and for what has to be done its a tight time frame.
    6 weeks to repair a bridge? How many are working on it? two or three? (And Union at that :D) When the Germans bombed London during the war they would have their bridges up and running over night.

Take a drive through Gort if you want to experience a bad road surface. I agree that there is a section that needs improvement, but 80-90% of that road is a high quality surface. .

You are kidding right? When you come off the bypass onto the tulla road you come across a road with traffic cones all over it, more often then not a stop go system in place while Gama do their bits and pieces
    Then you pass An tSean Dun and the road surface drops a few centimetres from new road to old road, then there is the Roslevan, i'll take a photo later the road is completely unsafe for anyone driving above 2mph the roadabout is a monstrosity coming out of the roundabout approaching Cappahard the road surface improves for a few hundred metres until you reach Fitzpatricks where it is all dug up again!
    Where do you live?

• Advertisement

Those sections are being worked on! You cant expect high quality of temporary works.

@ Run - I'd like them to take what ever time is required so that a train doesnt derail sometime in the future due to a rush job. (thats direct from my crystal ball)

Those sections are being worked on! You cant expect high quality of temporary works.

@ Run - I'd like them to take what ever time is required so that a train doesnt derail sometime in the future due to a rush job. (thats direct from my crystal ball)

Temporary works should not last 2 years, that's how long the Tulla Road has been a mess!!! :mad:

Advertisement