Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup weekend Pompey vs Cardiff

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

would have been good if Distin had scored that one where he ran from the half way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

rubbish match imo...oh well,what did i expect..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh hum, Wemberly Mk 2 is so bowl-like all the noise lifts upwards, sounds hollow. Cardiff are such lightweights, how did they reach the final?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Delighted for Harry, thats about it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

mike65 wrote: »
    Oh hum, Wemberly Mk 2 is so bowl-like all the noise lifts upwards, sounds hollow. Cardiff are such lightweights, how did they reach the final?

Mike.
    Mainly because of Barnsley I assume. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

God that was bad.
    Probably more of the same on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Congrats to Pompy

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Poor match, nodded off during parts of it, but glad Pompey won. Agree that it should have been one of the defenders that won the MotM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Hate watching games at Wembley, they always look so incredibly dull, pitch is too big IMO
    Only 1 good game I've seen is England V Croatia in that stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

That was terrible.
    I think BBC were watching a different game to me. Half time analysis, they go on about how end to end it is and lots of exciting action. WTF

Still glad harry win a trophy at last

Fratton Fred won't care though :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Actually i was watching first 15min of the game and later i went to do some more interesting things,it was boring game to me,nayway congrats to Portsmouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Didn't watch this one..

I flicked on after about 60 minutes, just in case i was missing something... turned tv off 2 minutes later :D

Roll on wednesday... the way finals should be... two giants against each other with defeat unthinkable for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

First half was pretty exciting. Second half not so much.
    Hard luck Cardiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

well done to any pompey fans, going on so long with no silverware cant be easy.

but that was a terrible game by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Glad Cardiff were beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cruijff wrote: »
    Delighted for Harry, thats about it really.
    cooker3 wrote: »
    Still glad harry win a trophy at last

:confused: Why do people like 'arry? He has no redeeming qualitites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

mike65 wrote: »
    Fratton Fred won't care though :)

Mike.

Things are always a lot different in the stadium. Where I was I thought the atmosphere was excellent. OK the game wasn't great, but it was no worse than last years, which was probably the most dull game of football of all time.

I think it just goes to show that allhe Man U fans aren't really into football, just winning:p
    Xavi6 wrote: »

what, you mean apart from the fact he is God?

Arry's a decent guy, whose teams always play passing attractive football. He can get he best out of players and is good for a few quotes in the tabloids.

Lets face it, with managers like Mourino, Grant, Ferguson and Wenger a manager like Arry is positively charismatic :D

Did I mention he is also a God :D

Cardiff were by far the better team in the final,very unfortunate to lose.
    Enckleman was a complete disaster in goals,cost Cardiff the match.

good job we had James in goal, all those amazing saves he pulled off yesterday ;)

(Actually, did he have to make any saves?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

(Actually, did he have to make any saves?)

Made pretty decent one at the start. Think it was from parry.

Give him some credit :D

• Advertisement

bigkev49 wrote: »
    ROFL at Cardiff fans booing God Save the queen.
    SantryRed wrote: »
    In all fairness, I'm pretty sure I heard the Pompey fans boo the Welsh one just before it.
    dc69 wrote: »
    yeah they did,both sets of stupid animals!!

from what I could hear, some of the Pompey fans started booing the Welsh anthem, but stopped after a while. The Cardiff fans almost drowned out GSTQ and continued to boo every time a Pompey played got the ball.

In all though, the atmosphere in and out of the ground was excellent with a lot of very good natured banter around Wembley park station and the Premier Inn, although I've heard of a bit of "Unfriendliness" the two sets of fans got on very well. Cardiff got a lot of applause from the Pompey fans when they went up to get their medals and a lot of Cardiff stayed to soak up the celebrations and clap Pompey wih the trophy.

The turn out in Portmouth today was something to see - looked like the whole city was on the seafront.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,131 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Xavi6 wrote: »

only one response to that:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

ahahahahahahaha:D:D:D

the 20th century called, they want their clip back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I didnt have a chance to see the game live so just saw bits of it, the last few minutes, and some of the highlights. I think overall its good for the sport to see Cardiff and Portsmouth in this final. Whoever won it was okay in my book and both managers and teams deserve credit for their run in the cup. It may not have been a brilliant game but it was an okay game I thought.

A question: is it just me or did the pitch seem very narrow? The stated pitch size is: 105 m (115 yards) long by 68 m (75 yards) wide, according to Wikipedia, which is similar in size to the playing areas of Anfield, Camp Nou and Old Trafford, but it seemed narrower than that to me. What did you think?

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

smemon wrote: »
    Didn't watch this one..

I flicked on after about 60 minutes, just in case i was missing something... turned tv off 2 minutes later :D

Roll on wednesday... the way finals should be... two giants against each other with defeat unthinkable for both.

What like the FA Cup final last season that was so boring i feel asleep

Advertisement