Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover Note

Options
  • 16-05-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Im trading a semi auto .22 for a u/o shotgun, getting the cert wont be a problem it will just take time as you all know too well. What i was wondering is can you get a cover note from the local man? Has anyone gotten one or does anyone know the procedure?
    Any info would be great.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Provided you can produce a reasonable reason for taking possession of the shotgun before the paperwork makes its way though the system, you should have no great difficulty getting a cover note.
    It'll be in the form of a note/letter on official headed paper giving details of the gun with a statement giving you permission to possess it, signed by the Superintendent (or other person authorised by them) and stamped with the official station stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

I seem to remember that as long as the licence fee is the less of the two (like trading down) it should be no problem amending your original cert allowing posession of the O/U until the renewals come around
    i'm a bit fuzzy on this but someone with a better grasp of the firearms acts should be along soon.

it definitely wont work the other way around SG to rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Cheers lads,
    Im hoping the local guy will just amend the cert,
    sounds good to me.
    Thanks again.

Advertisement