Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA- distance learning or enrol in a course

• 16-05-2008 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hi, I need some advise. I plan enrolling for ACCA exams. I have a Master's degree in Finance so some of the exams are subject to an exemption for me. However I am wondering which option is better for the rest of them- distance learning or enrol in a course? Can someone help me with that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bk1

Hi there,

It really depends upon your personal circumstances and also your mindset. I did mine through distance learning and attended the revision courses. If you go this route, I would highly recommend the revision courses as they really concentrate on the core matters. Also you get really good exam tips etc. I didn't really have the time to attend courses a couple of evenings a week but you really need discipline to do it at home. Hope this helps.

www.bookkeepingpartners.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Depends on you at the end of the day.

I knew distance learning wasnt for me so I enrolled with BBP in Dublin.

I travelled up to Dublin from work in Monaghan most evenings, and although I found it hard it was well worth getting the extra advice from the lecturer that you dont get from a book.

took an hour and a half to get there and an hour to get home in the evenings.

Advertisement